addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

milwaukee vegan meetup Message Board › february recap, and looking ahead

february recap, and looking ahead

lindsay
lindsayt21
Milwaukee, WI
hello everyone,

i noticed yesterday that the milwaukee vegan meetup group is now boasting 100 members! welcome to kassandra, our 100th member, and warm fuzzies to all the rest of you, too. :)

our february meetup was held at whole foods market, and 23 people attended, including several brand-new members. the food was varied and delicious--everything from tofu scramble to cocoa mousse cake--and whole foods was very good to us.

i wanted to call your attention to the fact that in march, we will be holding not one, but TWO meetups! hooray! we will have our typical lunch meetup on the first saturday of the month, but we will also be trying something new--a sunday evening meetup mid-month. i know that several of you have mentioned that you aren't able to attend saturday lunch meetups, so we thought we'd give sunday evening a try to see how that goes. we hope to have more evening meetups as time goes on, if this one is successful.

if you go to our main site (linked below) you will see that both march meetups are posted and ready for RSVPs. we will be meeting at hector's in bay view on saturday march 1st, and at the riverwest co-op cafe on sunday march 16th. because the co-op is wee, there are only 12 spots available, so please RSVP sooner rather than later if you're interested in attending!

while you're on the site, you might also note that there are a few other events on the calendar. these aren't RSVP-type events; they're just meetings and other events that might be of interest to milwaukee vegans (for example, the upcoming protest at the medical college). if you have any questions about an event that isn't in the description, please let me know!

last but not least, i'd like to call your attention to a topic on our messageboard (once on the site, look on the left sidebar for "messages"). molly is interested in organizing an informal meetup at the dog park in grafton, so if any of you vegans have dogs that would like to play at the dog park, please post your interest in that discussion thread and we can get it organized.

i think that's it for now! welcome again to all of our new members--we hope to see you soon at an event!

lindsay

The Milwaukee Vegan Meetup Group