addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

milwaukee vegan meetup Message Board › journal article

journal article

Lynn
user 5231052
Milwaukee, WI
Post #: 1
BREAKING NEWS...
There are people among us who do not eat deep fried cheese!

Hi Everyone,
I came across this article and I think it's amazing that it came from a newspaper in the dairy state. I've been to a lot of the restaurants but I thought it might offer good options for future meet ups.
:)

http://www.jsonline.c...­
A former member
Post #: 8
ha! Oh yeah... and plus they quoted our organizer, Lindsay!

Good job Lindsay :)

"I honestly think it's pretty simple to eat vegan in Milwaukee," said Lindsay Timmerman of Shorewood, who has been a vegan for almost four years and a vegetarian for 11.

"There is a range of restaurants, especially if you ask the right questions," said Timmerman. "And there are a lot of places that are super vegan-friendly."
Jen
snowmobiler36
Nashotah, WI
Post #: 3
I went to Riverwest Co-Op for lunch with a work colleague the day that article came out and they( the staff at the Co-op) were so happy and busy!! THe article was great! Thanks Lindsay for your comments to the Journal.

Jenbiggrin
lindsay
lindsayt21
Milwaukee, WI
Post #: 8
aww, thanks guys! i talked up the co-op A LOT so i'm glad they were featured, and i'm glad they were happy! :) i also talked a bunch about vegan pizza, which the reporter said wasn't something he would have even really thought possible (i.e., pizza = cheese), so i'm glad vegan pizza got some love in the article too. woo hoo!