add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

milwaukee vegan meetup Message Board › Kombucha and raw vegan food

Kombucha and raw vegan food

Kim T.
user 6175486
Milwaukee, WI
Post #: 1

I am new to the group and hope to attend my first Meetup on May 3, though I am not a big Thai food fan :-p

Wondering if anyone out there knows a little something about brewing kombucha tea. I have heard that a certain mushroom is required to start but that it can be reproduced and shared. I would definitely be interested in learning more about the tea and how to brew it, if there are any knowledgeable resources out there!

Also, does anyone know of a raw vegan restaurant or "cooking" group in WI? I know there are several restaurants in Illinois. Worth a Meetup field trip?

A former member
Post #: 10
Hi Kim,
There is also a raw foods meet-up group that meets monthly for a potluck. Next meet-up is May 4th. I have a friend who attends that is all knowledgable about the kombucha. http://rawfood.meetup...­