milwaukee vegan meetup Message Board › Any interest in other than normal Sat. noon meet-ups?

Any interest in other than normal Sat. noon meet-ups?

A former member
Post #: 3
Weather looks good, Im in if we get a group.
lindsay
lindsayt21
Milwaukee, WI
Post #: 15
hi everyone,

i'm glad to see some discussion on this topic, because it seems (from casual conversation) that there are lots of people who generally can't make our usual 12noon saturday meetups. just looking at our member base (138) compared to our usual turnout (15-20) is probably an indication that it's not the best time for everyone. then again, i tried to start a thread on this awhile back, but it didn't see much play... and emails on the matter didn't really receive a response, either. so, i wasn't sure whether to take that as General Lack of Interest in Meetup, or something else, and i kind of let it die down.

i think some of the biggest obstacles are: (a) lots of people don't check this message board, (b) lots of people have their meetup emails sent straight to spam, (c) some people probably join meetup without intention of attending anything; they just want to keep tabs on the group just in case...?, and (d) stuff i'm probably not even thinking of.

i know for a fact that there are MANY people who "always work saturdays" and can never make our meetups, but the couple of times we've held meetups at a different time, we've had really poor turnout, so i'm not really sure about the best plan of action.

i'd love to see more participation, and if that means branching out and planning more events, fantastic. if anyone needs me to post details for an event they'd like to organize/host/coordinate/etc., please just let me know. :) i'm open to ideas, but i'm not really running the show here (just entering planned events!), so i need to hear from everyone!

lindsay
Matt
user 3612558
Waukesha, WI
Post #: 15
Thanks Lindsay. I know for me the summers are difficult to make a Sat. noon gathering, but winters are generally okay. I would really enjoy another event or two per month. Maybe not for a lunch, but what about breakfast, a dinner/drink at Lucilles dueling piano bar, Wii pot-luck, Packers pot luck, attending one of the many festivals, or sporting games, etc.

I'm horrible at organizing but I am certainly one of those who would be willing to attend more than just a once per month lunch meeting.

Hope to see more events in the future!
Kim O.
RedPill68
Hartford, WI
Post #: 2
I think some things that might work on a Sunday or in the evening are:
-card/board games and hot chocolate/tea/eggless eggnog sound great. Just need to locate a coffee house or meet at a library community room...
-rollerskating get together
-video game arcade get together, like Fun World on Bluemound
-Stockey's (in West Bend) indoor go cart racing get together would be a blast
Matt
user 3612558
Waukesha, WI
Post #: 17
Is there interest in a group going to this Gala on Friday Dec 5?

http://www.celebratin...­

Treat yourself to an inspiring evening filled with live music, vegan hor'devours, organic wine and spirits, cruelty-free silent auction items, incredible entertainment, and an awards ceremony at Mercy For Animals' upcoming Celebrating Compassion Gala.
Held at the beautiful Chicago Cultural Center, this formal event will raise funds to support Mercy For Animals' life-saving work and honor community leaders who have made an outstanding contribution to the local animal protection movement.

$50 tickets in advance, $75 at the door
8pm - midnight
Chicago Cultural Center
A former member
Post #: 4
Matt, this looks like a great night out. I wish I didnt work so early on Saturdays, I would definitely join you.

How are the suggestions for "other than normal Sat. noon meet-ups?" coming?
alan
Alaniam
Germantown, WI
Post #: 5
Hi folks,
I'm sometimes open during the week. How about an expedition after or before the meal (hike), for instance
I've only seen the Art museum once since returning. Any group interest or individual interest? It's a long winter and I'd like activities to do.
Let me know if you would.
Matt, if you and some others might like to meet for a meal, and say see a movie at the Oriental (personal favorite),it'd be a good time. You know I'm a little bit burned out on these holiday weekends with relatives who know nothing of my Veg lifestyle. So what do ya say? Send me an email.
Alan
Alyson T.
user 26158282
Milwaukee, WI
Post #: 1
I would be interested in other meet ups....I work night shift and pretty much every weekend so other meet ups would be great....I'm new to the area and to meet up so Id like to meet some people
Kayleigh
user 14398857
Milwaukee, WI
Post #: 1
I can never make the Saturday meetups for various reasons which always disappoints me. I would love to be able to meet up on a Sunday which would be the perfect day for me.
Parag
user 4974895
Kenosha, WI
Post #: 78
I am interested in hiking or other events.