addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

milwaukee vegan meetup Message Board › IronCupcake Milwaukee tomorrow night!

IronCupcake Milwaukee tomorrow night!

A former member
Post #: 58
Just thought I would put a little message out there - it isn't a "Vegan" exclusive Iron Cupcake this time but I am baking anyhow and my cupcakes will be vegan of course! :) I don't know how many vegan choices there will be though. Wisconsin Foodie will be filiming the event. :)

Here is the info:

IronCupcake:Milwaukee SUMMER FRUIT challenge with our local business partner OUTPOST NATURAL FOODS is THIS MONDAY!!!

$5 ticket gets you tons of awesome cupcakes, one beer ticket, entry to a variety of raffle prizes - including an AUTOGRAPHED copy of Fabio Viviani's new cookbook...PLUS, one dollar from every ticket will go to this month's charity, MILWAUKEE HABITAT FOR HUMANITY. Plus, as always those yummy dollar burgers from The Irish Pub.

SAVE $1 DOLLAR!!! Just bring a school supply item with you to donate to the COMMON HOPE supply drive to benefit impoverished children and families in Guatemala. http://www.facebook.c...­

WISCONSIN FOODIE will be on-hand filming for an upcoming segment for their fall season.

There are a couple of spots that just opened for bakers...register at IronCupcakeMilwaukee@wi.http://www.facebook.c...­. First come, first served.

IronCupcake:Milwaukee is an equal opportunity cupcake event! Yum!
A former member
Post #: 4
Hey, your cupcakes were really tasty! I'm also glad there was another cupcake there that I could eat. Sorry, I was going to reply to your post earlier, but I was having some frosting problems and didn't get a chance (in fact, I ended up showing up to the event late). This one was crazy packed with people - I ended up hanging out at the bar all night. Are you going to do the next one?
A former member
Post #: 59
Hi Erin! So, you were the other vegan cupcake? The Lime Margarita? It was very tasty! :) I love the lime. I think you talked to my bf but he said he said he didn't catch your name.

I had frosting troubles on Sunday myself because it was so humid out - my vegan buttercream didn't turn out as nice and stiff as I wanted it. :( Oh well. :)

I wish more people would have marked what in their cupcakes like they did at the vegan one in July. We asked the lady in charge which cupcakes were vegan and she said only two people marked as vegan on their registration sheets (apparently though there was a third vegan cupcake baker who didn't show). So, if there were any other ones that were actually were vegan we missed out. Although I thought it was required to mark the allergen info on your sign - at the July one everyone did that so I was a bit dismayed that most people didn't do it this time. Yours was the only one I ate.

I did register for the next one but not 100% positive I am going to do it but I wanted to save my spot in case. I am leaning towards doing it since I already have an idea in mind but I will decided for sure closer to the event. Will you be doing the next one? I wish we could get more vegans to do on a more regular basis.

Kimberly:)
A former member
Post #: 5
Yes, I was the Lime Margarita. Glad you liked it! I felt kind of silly with only two cupcakes on my plate, but maybe everyone assumed I was on a diet. :)

Cool cool. Think I'm going to do the next one too. I've got a few ideas. We need to recruit some more vegan bakers!!