milwaukee vegan meetup Message Board › Author of Vegan with a Vengeance coming to UWM on October 7th

Author of Vegan with a Vengeance coming to UWM on October 7th

A former member
Post #: 1
Hey MKE Vegans,

Big news...the author of one of the best vegan cookbooks (in my humble opinion), Isa Moskowitz, is coming to UWM for two events on October 7th. It's part of what she's calling her, "Midwest Total October Metal Tour (lightning, thunder, pyrotechnics)"

More details will be coming but here's what I know so far (via her Facebook page)...

Thursday October 7th

Milwaukee Wisconsin, University of Wisconsin - exact location TBA

I'll be doing two events. In the afternoon, a cooking demo and a talk.

Root Vegetable Chili 2pm

You all have a root cellar, right? Of course you don't, but it's still important to know how to prep all those glorious root veggies and to know how to tell a rutababa from a parsnip. Samples will be handed out.

Culinary Activism 7pm

Learn how to be the best baketivist you can be! We'll discuss how our food choices impact the world and how to make sure that impact is positive.
Sarah
user 12560016
Chicago, IL

This sounds awesome! I will absolutely be there smile
Melissa
user 11058129
Milwaukee, WI
Fantastic - we will definitely be there. Thanks for letting us know!
lindsay
lindsayt21
Milwaukee, WI
Post #: 30
just wanted to give this event a bump, since it's coming up tomorrow! here's a link to the vive event page, if you want to officially 'rsvp' for the event. :)

http://www.facebook.c...­