addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Milwaukee Graphic Design/Adobe Users Meetup Group Message Board › Spec work and the Milwaukee Graphic Design Meetup Group

Spec work and the Milwaukee Graphic Design Meetup Group

Kevin S.
KStohlmeyer
Milwaukee, WI
Post #: 14
Dear Meetup members (and guests),

Recently a job opportunity was posted from The Milwaukee Chamber Theater. While I realize that this can be construed as "Spec Work" it never the less was an opportunity presented to our group specifically and was presented to the group. I never try to censor opportunities for you and leave it to the membership to choose if they want to participate or not.

I want to clarify two things in response to several emails and one anonymous letter sent. First, C2 Graphics Productivity Solutions who is a sponsor of this group has nothing to do with this posting. C2 does not endorse "spec work" of any kind. Second, this was posted to the membership and you can choose to participate or not, or to contact the originator of the opportunity which was provided at the end of the message. While many may disagree with the nature of how this opportunity is being handled, I would encourage you to respond to the appropriate contacts and not "kill the messenger".

I look at this as a teaching opportunity to further our community and open a dialog about the issues with "spec work". In this vein of thought, I am announcing that our Season opening Meetup in August will feature Doug Cheever, President of AIGA Wisconsin hosting a discussion about "spec work" and AIGA's position against it.

In closing, I'm grateful that we have such active and vocal members in our group. You keep our best interest at heart and we welcome your feedback. Just please make sure it is directed to the appropriate people.

Thanks

Kevin