The Milwaukee Graphic Design/Adobe Users Meetup Group Message Board › Making the Most of Networking Events

Making the Most of Networking Events

Mike S.
user 8553761
Milwaukee, WI
Post #: 1
We go to so many networking events these days, desperate to make valuable connections. Unfortunately, most business people make terrible networkers. How many events have you said were "a waste of my time"?

I'm going to the Wisconsin Networking Conference on Feb 3. The title of this post is the title of the conference. This event will effectively equip you for every event you attend thereafter. Language guru and author Bob Nicoll will change your life.

- What should you really be talking about when you first meet a valuable prospect?
- What's your goal when you arrive (hint: how many NEW people will you meet)?
- When should you pull out your business card?
- What word (and its relatives) should you eliminate from your vocab (we use it every day)?

Lest you think this is shameless self promotion, think again. I went last year and vowed to return every year. Hope to see you there! There's a discount here: http://bit.ly/71GQIU...­

- Mike