Visit with your fellow freethinkers in a creative afternoon of fun. Please spend a few dollars out of your family’s budget to purchase a few items for the following baskets described below. Don’t have any spare funds? Just comb your book shelves, movie cabinets, closets or basements for any related treasures you feel another atheist might enjoy; its okay to bring gently used items. These baskets will be displayed in a silent auction at the conference this July. MN Atheists and Humanists of MN have a goal to raise $2000 at this auction to increase our visibility, hire great speakers and foster community. Please show up and build some energy for organizations that generously advocate for your values.
Don’t feel like helping to assemble a basket? Feel free to comment with your ideas for auction items or if you can donate something else.
The MNA Board of Directors will provide the baskets for this afternoon and will transport and organized the baskets for the conference.
Here is the list of desired basket themes:
• Chocolate Lovers (chocolate truffles, candy, brownie mix, cocoa)
• Wine Basket (white wine, dessert wine, red wine, crackers, dried fruit, cheese spread)
• Young Freethinkers Basket (kids science books, games, toys, puzzles)
• Freethinkers Books Basket (used books, new books, non-fiction, fiction)
• Women’s Books Basket (new or used books of women’s interest)
• Music Lover’s Basket (new or used CD’s of variety of favorites to the non-theist)
• Science Fiction Lover’s Basket (new or used comics, books, movies)
• Freethinking Movies Basket (atheist themed or inspired DVDs, microwave popcorn, candy, fleece blanket, cocoa, movie theater gift card)
• Craft Beer Basket (variety of single beers of local or international craft, mugs, snacks)
• Artist or Crafters Basket (craft supplies, miscellaneous paints, markers, pens, paper)
• Organic Food Basket (wine or liquor, crackers, cookies, juices, chocolate)
• Coffee Lover’s Basket (ground coffee, mugs, biscotti, napkins)