As with any organization, we occasionally encounter a person who is interested in inflammatory language instead of rational discourse. You may have noticed some inappropriate posts from a person who joined our Meetup very recently. His response to e-mails expressing concern over his messages was to escalate his rhetoric, and he was removed from this site. Since then he has signed up under different identities, and we are removing them as we become aware of them. He in no way represents the views of Minnesota Atheists. Please do not hesitate to notify me of any hateful and inappropriate messages you find. I will include the forum rules below:
1. No Hacking - This should go without saying, but you are not permitted to hack the board. Guessing someone else's password and succeeding counts as hacking. Members who hack will be permanently banned without any warnings.
2. No Discrimination - You may not insult members based on their religion, race, sex, political beliefs, or sexual orientation. This is worse than flaming, because it also hurts other members of the board who fall into the category you insult. MNAtheists.org is a place where everyone is equal, and discrimination will NOT be tolerated! This does not mean that political, social, and religious beliefs are not out of bounds for criticism, but criticise the beliefs separate from believers. If you are mad at the actions of an individual, criticise the action, not all men/Christians/atheists/sports fans, etc. who happen to have something in common with the offensive person.
3. No Bullying - Do not pick on other members. The worst kind of bullying is where new members are picked on. This hurts the member as well as the board.
4. No Flaming - Flaming harms the nice atmosphere of MNAtheists.org. It also causes thread's to go off topic, and most importantly, it hurts the person being flamed. The victim may defend themselves against any accusations made to them, but may not make any additional accusations to the flamer (which also counts as flaming).
5. No Spamming or Advertisng - The forum is intended for conversation, not for selling your products.
6. No Adult Content- Pornographic advertisements and images, including links to such material, will be deleted by the adminstrators.
Thank you for your patience, and I sincerely apologize for any distress this may have caused.
Please Note: If you hit "REPLY", your message will be sent to everyone on this mailing list ([address removed])
This message was sent by Jeannette Watland ([address removed]) from Minnesota Atheists Meetup Group.
To learn more about Jeannette Watland, visit his/her member profile
To unsubscribe or to update your mailing list settings, click here
Meetup Inc. PO Box 4668 #37895 New York, New York[masked] | [address removed]