A former member
Post #: 1
Hello All,
I am new to this atheist message board. I went to the Aints baseball game tonight and my heart was really saddened for all of you. I am not here to bash your views but I do want to let you know that God is real and He is alive. The problem with the world is sin, which is rebellion against God but God loves us and Jesus died for us on the cross. Jesus is God in the flesh. Now I don't want to make anyone mad or upset but God keeps His word and He says the wages of sin is death. We are all going to die someday and one out of one chance you will die as well and when you look in a casket you know God keeps His word. I will be praying for all of you and I wish you the very best in this life and I hope you turn to Jesus before its too late.
Jordan
A former member
Post #: 243
"I contend we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." -Stephen Roberts
A former member
Post #: 2
Hello Adrea,
Thank you so much for your reply. May I ask why you dismiss God? I would love to know why you don't believe in God if you are willing to share.
Thanks!
Jordan
A former member
Post #: 244
I don't dismiss god, I don't believe in it- huge difference. Why don't you believe in Zeus?
A former member
Post #: 3
Oh sorry I read that wrong. If I recall correctly zeus is a greek god who is known as the the father of gods and men that is all I know about zeus. I believe in Jesus Christ because I have a huge problem; I am born with a defect and that defect is sin. I am not a sinner because I sin. I sin because I am a sinner. That is the idea of Romans 5:1 Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all people, because all sinned. Romans 5:15 says For if the many died by the trespass of the one man, how much more did God’s grace and the gift that came by the grace of the one man, Jesus Christ, overflow to the many! So sin entered the world through one man. Jesus came and died for us so we can have life with Him. That is why I don't believe in any other god. Jesus Christ is the only way, the truth, and the life and no one can come to the Father except through Him but I know you have different beliefs then I do and I was wondering if you believe in zeus and if so may I ask why you believe in zeus?
D. M.
user 13079787
Rosemount, MN
Watch out, I think we have a troll here...
A former member
Post #: 245
You are wasting your time (and mine) here. You obviously are not understanding this discussion/my point. I don't believe in Zeus or Jesus- both are mythology along with the 3000 other 'deity' throughout the world. I think your energy would be much more productively directed elsewhere, I know mine will be.
A former member
Post #: 4
Not trying to be a troll! Just want to learn more about what you stand for and what atheism is all about.
D. M.
user 13079787
Rosemount, MN
Post #: 2
I say troll because you are actively seeking out atheists on a website where atheists gather, and then you spout out your beliefs which are clearly the opposite of everyone here and then you start quoting the bible. I don't doubt for a second, that you really know what atheism is. There are plenty of books, and videos that will explain/answer your questions.
A former member
Jordan, it is really very simple. I think the discussion you started can proceed if you compromise. The lack of compromise on the part of theists is one of the impediments to any meaningful discussion.

It is a simple question: Why don't you believe that Zeus is an actual deity with the ability to affect your life?

The question isn't, "why do you believe in Jesus instead?" Take a moment to set aside your faith and your "evidence" (bible quotations). The question is, why don't you believe Zeus is an actual deity? Once you honestly address that simple question WITHOUT reference to your own imaginary friend, people here may be willing to take your question seriously.

I'll give you a hint as to the relevance: The word "believe" is important.

If you make one single reference to your own "faith" as part of the answer and you cannot restrain yourself from proselytising for just a moment, you are merelya simple troll to be ignored.