Minnesota Atheists Meetup Group Message Board › Families with small children?

Families with small children?

Jacob
user 59809402
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 1
Hey folks, I apologize in advance if I've failed to see something in plain sight. I joined relatively recently and vaguely recall there being a meetup or some such for families. I couldn't make that date with the short notice I had, and have been waiting to see another one pop up!

Long story short I have 3 small children and a wife who would love to join me in meetups etc, but I need something friendly to the little ones. Perhaps there are some other families out there with small children who want to organize a get together? My kids are all three under 5 and I love all the things I see here (lectures, eating, board games, book clubs) but I don't want to disturb the more adult vibe a sense going on there...

In any case, any families want to put something together? Is there something already here I'm missing?

Thanks in advance,
Jake
Leah
user 18708431
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 1
Hi Jake! I don't know if you made it to the secular parents meetup yesterday at Edinborough Park? It was great fun... if you didn't make it, keep your eyes on the calendar. There was talk of having a monthly playdate. :)

Leah
Jacob
user 59809402
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 2
Sounds awesome. Sorry we missed it!
Rhonda
user 12952364
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 19
Thanks for asking, Jacob! We have many members with minor children. The Humanists of MN spearheaded the Secular Parenting Group which meets 2x per month (2nd & 4th Sunday afternoons), and they've been so gracious as to extend that invitation to MN Atheists. Most of the regulars have children 5 and under. I just posted the next event. During the warm weather months, this group meets at various parks so that the kids can play. I believe you did just miss an event where they met to play at the Edinburgh indoor play structure, but something like that will come around again.