Minnesota Atheists Meetup Group Message Board › PZ Myers and the Pharyngula crowd vs. the Discovery Institute

PZ Myers and the Pharyngula crowd vs. the Discovery Institute

David P.
DaveP
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 1
This event sounds like it will be interesting:

http://scienceblogs.c...­

A "discussion" with a John West (who intends to prove that evolution inevitably leads to eugenics or something equally bizarre), with some interesting things happening before and after. The "after" being a more rational talk by Mark Borrello, UM's expert in the history of science. The "before" being a nice get-together.
Mike H.
MikeHaubrich
Saint Paul, MN
Post #: 2
This is something that I won't be able to miss. West is the guy who claims that Minnesota's Math And Science Education standards encourage the teaching of "critical analysis" of evolution, despite repeated attempts to correct him.
A former member
Post #: 23
Ah, the thin line between bravery and stupidity.
A former member
Post #: 22
To hear this idiot babble on inside a church would make me hurdle my food, besides I haven't been inside a church since 1987 and I will continue the trend. It was bad enough last time hearing a debate at a christian book store.