|Sent on:||Monday, January 7, 2013 5:26 PM|
We have a great long term career opportunity with our client in Minneapolis that I wanted to share and see if you might be comfortable and interested. Hoping to hear from you.
Role: PHP Developer
Location: Richfield, MN
Duration: 1 year+
Our platform is designed to scale quickly to bring on partners and affiliates. White Label uses an Agile methodology, with development and testing occurring within two week iterations as part of a quarterly release process. The technology stack is LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP).
Required Experience: The candidate must be very comfortable developing in PHP. We are writing backend code in PHP to talk to services, perform object loading and caching, and for background processing. This is beyond mere loops and adding variables to web pages. The candidate should also have good knowledge of the object oriented approach to programming in PHP. Other dynamically typed languages, such as Python, Ruby, and Perl may help.
· Excellent PHP knowledge, especially OOP experience
· Experience integrating with external services via SOAP, AJAX, etc.
· Prior experience working to improve performance in non-trivial applications.
· Prior exposure to an agile environment is a plus.
· Experience with MySQL is a plus.
Personality Attributes/Soft Skills: A good candidate for this position will have a solid programming background, has a passion for writing code, and is eager to learn more. They should be comfortable giving and receiving constructive feedback within the team and working in an agile, fast-paced, evolving environment
· Strong personality, able to take initiative to ask question and make constant improvements.
· Ability to communicate effectively with remote team members via various modes (Skype, gTalk, email).
· Ability and strong desire to identify, recommend, and implement ideas to improve code quality within the team.
· Ability to receive and provide critical feedback to team members about code quality
Prerequisite: Applicants will be asked to complete a programming puzzle before they are considered for an in-person interview. The purpose of this puzzle is to gauge the candidate’s PHP competence across many different areas. It will also give a feel for the coding style of the candidate. Please note that this is not a test. The candidate is judged on the form and content of their solution, not simply on the correctness of the solution.
Senior Resource Manager
RK Management Consultants, Inc.
Minority Certified Business Enterprise
One Tower Lane, S2540
Oakbrook Terrace, IL 60181
This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain privileged, proprietary, or otherwise confidential information. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original. Any use or distribution of the email by any person other than the intended recipient is prohibited.
This email message originally included an attachment.