Minnesota PHP User Group Message Board MNPHP Discussion Forum › Can we move the jobs in this forum

Can we move the jobs in this forum

John C.
johncarlson21
Fergus Falls, MN
Post #: 1
Can we move the jobs topics to the actual Jobs Forum.

I think that this Discussion forum should be for questions and topics about programming or the meet ups..

It is a bit confusing when you have to go to the Discussion forum to look for posted jobs, and if your looking for programming info, you have to sort through the jobs.. :(

also it would be good for the poster to go in and put "Position Filled" if they cannot remove the post.

Also I'd like to say Hi, as I'm a new member. :)

Daniel J. P.
danieljpost
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 81
Your comment is valid and the problem well noted.

For you and others who will have the same question: Once upon a time there was only one Discussion Forum, and about a third of the discussions were job offers from recruiters.

There's nothing in particular wrong with that, other than the confusion you've mentioned.

In August 2012, we created several new forums and labeled one of them the Jobs Forum.

All the existing postings, including the jobs, got exported to this Forum.

We expect future job postings to show up in the Jobs Forum, and this will be enforced using whatever tools we need to.

There is no plan to sort out postings from before August 2012 into the new Forums.

I hope this helps.

Welcome to the group!
Daniel J. Post