M&M's of Apopka
About Our Group:
We're an active group of Moms that get together to form friendships, socialize our children, and provide our little ones with a nurturing, fun environment with play dates, crafts, swimming, and much more! We strive for positive interactions and developing lifelong friendships for both our children and our moms!
Who Should Join:
Any Mom in (or very nearby) Apopka with a child under the age of 5 is welcome to join!
Where We Meet:
We generally have events in Apopka, but also meet in:
Northeast Orange County (Ocoee, Winter Garden)
South Lake County (Mt. Dora, Sorrento)
What We Do:
Mommy's Night Out
Playdates (public parks, playgrounds, libraries, home play dates, craft meetups)
We also love to focus on "playing with a purpose" ~ kids can use almost any fun experience to learn, develop, and socialize.
Much More! Our calendar has events almost every day and at various times, so there is something right for everyone!
M&M's Membership Guidelines:
1. Please pay the $10 membership dues to cover the cost of our meetup site after you have attended an event and have decided that you like the group and want to stay. Membership dues are nonrefundable.
Extra funds received are used for craft supplies, foods, or party supplies for all members to enjoy.
2. If you are unable to attend any events for the period of 30 days, you will be removed from the group with the option to rejoin when your schedule becomes more flexible. If you know you'll be taking a break from events for longer than 30 days but wish to remain a member, just let your organizer know and you will not be removed.
We will be limiting the group membership beginning in August 2013; only active moms will remain members unless a special request is made in advance.
3. Please be considerate with your RSVPs: You do not have to RSVP "NO" to every event. If you RSVP "Yes" please plan to attend (we often plan special things for each participant). If you need to change your RSVP please do so as soon as you are able to.
4. All members are welcome to post & host meetups! See our "Event Hosting Guidelines" page for help!
5. Please treat other members with respect and consideration. We reserve the right to remove you from the group if there are consistent problems.
6. Please do not attend events if you or your child is sick.
7. We operate on a 3 strike no show system. First no show (RSVP of yes, but no communication with the host that you are not attending) will receive a warning, 2nd no show will be a 30 day suspension from activities, 3rd strike will be removal from the group. Please note that changing your RSVP to NO when you cannot make an event does not constitute a no show.
8. Please know that when you are entering another mom's home that you are attending events at your own risk. Meetup.com nor the organizers are responsible for any accidents.
If you have any questions, concerns, or comments please click on the contact us on the Home page (left side of screen).