When joining the Moms Meetup of Central Oregon (MMOCO), you agree to the following guidelines. Please take time to read this in its entirety.
2015 Moms Meetup of Central Oregon Membership Guidelines
A. MEMBERSHIP DUES:
- Annual Membership Dues are $25 per year . Membership Dues are due thirty (30) days after a member joins the group. Meetup will prompt members when it is time for dues renewal. Membership Dues can be paid to the MMOCO Treasurer, through PayPal, or by personal check. If Membership Dues are not received within 30 days, Meetup will move the member to "Pending" status until dues are paid or a payment plan is established with the Treasurer. When a member is in "Pending" status, she can no longer view the MMOCO calendar or attend events.
- Dues are allocated to expenses that ensure MMOCO is a fun and inclusive group. Organizers volunteer their time, without compensation, to ensure MMOCO runs smoothly. It is the Organizers' goal that all members are able to participate in large group events, regardless of cost. Dues are used to pay for the Meetup.com website fees, office supplies, and party expenses (such as room rentals, food/beverage, craft supplies, etc.), for several annual group parties and occasional Moms Night Outs.
- If you have any questions regarding the payment of Membership Dues or are experiencing financial hardship, please speak to an Organizer. Membership Dues are subject to change.
- Membership Dues will not be refunded if you leave the group for any reason.
C. MEETUPS AND RSVP'ing
- You are required to attend at least one (1) event each calendar month.
- You are required to volunteer on (1) occasion every four months, for a total of (3) occasions per calendar year.
The group relies on volunteering to keep membership dues low for all members, and members who have not met this requirement will be sent a warning and possibly removed from the group. Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions about the status of your volunteer requirement.
There are three ways to volunteer:
- Providing a meal to a new mom or a mom in need when "Momma Meals" are posted on Meal Tidings.
- Hosting an event such as a mom's night out, playdate in your home or at a park, etc.
- Participating in special volunteer opportunities posted by your Organizers.
- Leave of Absence - If you are temporarily unable to meet the participation requirements but wish to remain in the group, please contact your Organizers about taking a Leave of Absence. If the organizers approve your leave, you will be excused from all group requirements except for membership dues for a predetermined period of time. Once on leave, you will still be able to participate in any way you can. Acceptable reasons for taking a leave of absence include: pregnancy/newborn, illness, travel, work, and other personal issues.
D. CALENDAR & HOSTING MEETUPS
- When you RSVP "Yes" for a Meetup, you are making a commitment to attend that meetup. If you RSVP "yes" and later come to realize you are unable to attend, it is very important that you go back and change your RSVP to "no" as soon as possible. This allows another member to attend if there are restrictions on Meetup size. If you are unsure if you will be able to attend, please RSVP "No" until you are sure you will be able to attend. Please note in the comments if you hope to attend.
- If you RSVP “yes” for two (2) events and are a "No Show", you will be given a warning. After the warning, if you have another "No Show," you will be removed from MMOCO. A "No Show" occurs when you RSVP "yes" to an event and do not attend, or when you change your "yes" RSVP to a "no" within 12 hours of an event. Our "no show" policy is designed to assure that events have good attendance and that everyone who wants to attend an event is able to, but we understand that last minute emergencies and changes of plans come up.
If you need to make a last-minute change in your RSVP, you may avoid getting marked as a "no show" by doing the following:
- You must contact the event host and let her know that you are unable to attend. You should be able to find her contact information on her profile. If there is no event host, or if you cannot get in touch with the event host, please talk to an organizer or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If there is a waiting list, you must also contact the first 2 people on the waiting list to let them know a spot is now open.
- When you are placed on a waiting list for an event, your "Yes" RSVP that placed you on the waiting list is a commitment to attend. If you are on a waiting list and make other plans that would then prevent your from attending if a spot were to open up, please take time to change your RSVP to a "No". Failure to do so could result in a "No Show." If you are bumped from the waiting list at the last minute and are unable to attend, please notify your Organizers (email@example.com) as soon as possible to avoid being marked as a "No Show."
E. FEELING COMFORTABLE
- If there is a Meetup event you would like to see posted on the calendar, please contact Event Organizers through the Contact feature or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. When making suggestions, please let us know if you would be interested in acting as a host for an event. You may host any type of event and hosting will count towards your volunteer requirement.
- Please consult the calendar before proposing an event to make sure there aren't any other events conflicting with the date and time you've selected.
- Please do not post event ideas on the message board or Facebook without first notifying the Organizers. This gives the Organizers the opportunity to discuss your idea and see if it is a good opportunity for the group. Posting last-minute playdates or activities on the message board or Facebook is fine but these do not count toward your hosting or participation credits.
- Members may not alter the MMOCO calendar in any way, even if they are listed as "hosts" for an event. This rule ensures that Organizers are able to contact all members who have RSVP'd "Yes" and notify them of a change.
- If you need to make changes to an event you are hosting, please notify an Organizer (email@example.com).
- If you are concerned about participation in an event that you are hosting, please contact the Organizers to discuss options for improving attendance, or to cancel the event.
- Any member who makes changes directly to the calendar without contacting an Organizer will be issued a warning. After three (3) warnings, a member may be removed from the group for violating this rule.
- Children’s birthday parties will not be added to the calendar. If you would like to invite members of MMOCO to a birthday party, please contact them directly through their profile.
We want a comfortable, supportive, connected, and active group. If you begin to feel excluded or threatened in any way, please talk with your Organizers so we can resolve any issues when they arise. Also, if a member of the group repeatedly feels uncomfortable because of the actions of another mother or child, the offending mother will be warned and then asked to leave the group if matters do not improve.F. MMOCO FACEBOOK GROUP
As an additional resource for our members, MMOCO runs a closed Facebook group (https://www.facebook....
) for current and past members. The group contains over 100 moms and is a great place to socialize and ask for advice.
G. SUPERVISION OF CHILDREN
- Please use common sense when posting in the Facebook group - it is intended to be a fun, supportive, caring environment. Word your posts and responses accordingly.
- Excessive soliciting or advertising for your business on the Facebook Group will not be tolerated. However we would like to support mom-owned businesses and will allow occasional business-related postings or special offers. We ask that you try to limit your postings to around once per month. Feel free to mention your business when a member asks for advice in selecting a related business. Members may also post personal items and baby/kids items for sale/giveaway but please limit these posts so that they do not overwhelm the board.
- Any posts that include excessive soliciting or turn into negativity or "flame wars" will be deleted by the Organizers. Members who harass other members, solicit, or otherwise violate these guidelines will be warned, then removed from the group if the negative actions continue.
- The Facebook Group is intended to be a fun, supportive, caring, and private environment. Sharing the personal experiences or information of members of the Facebook Group without their express permission will not be tolerated. If a member violates this guideline, she will be removed from the Facebook Group immediately.
Please supervise your children. Most children will occasionally hit, bite, kick, or be overly aggressive. They may also experiment with inappropriate language. When these behaviors happen at a Meetup event, the child must be redirected so the behavior is not hurtful or offensive to other children or moms. Even though other moms may be present or watching, please remember that each mom is responsible for her own child/children.H. ACCIDENTS
Even with proper supervision, accidents happen with young children and Meetup event locations must be respected. When something is damaged or broken at another member's home or non-public venue and the cause is determined to have been by your child/children, you may be asked to pay for or replace the item.I. ILLNESS
If you or your child is sick or seriously ill, please don't attend a Meetup event. If you or your child contracts a communicable illness (chicken pox, pinkeye, strep throat, head lice, etc.), please contact an Organizer so that members can be informed of a possible exposure. A common cold is not considered a serious illness. As long as you or your child is feeling well, energetic, and has no fever with the cold, you are welcome to attend Meetup events. We are all aware that the symptoms of a common cold can linger for weeks and a little runny nose or congestion is no reason to keep yourself or your child under house arrest. Please use common sense though; lots of yellow and green snot and other yucky symptoms are a good reason to stay home and not share anything with others.J. SOLICITATION
Members' phone numbers and email addresses cannot be used for soliciting purposes. If you use members' phone numbers or email to solicit business, you will be removed from the group. We want to make sure members feel comfortable sharing information and that information shared is used only for communications related to the group.
These guidelines are meant to make you and your child/children feel safe, comfortable, and connected at Meetup events.
We hope you enjoy getting to know other moms and children and thank you for being a contributing member of the group!