Nihongo Moriagari: Japanese Language Meetup Message Board › VOLUNTARY membership dues

VOLUNTARY membership dues

George
tokyogeorge
Group Organizer
Tokyo, JP
Hi オシャレなやつ,
Nihongo Moriagari has started charging (VOLUNTARY) $2.00/year to cover costs of running this Meetup.
You can pay online here. Once you sign up for dues, you will be automatically billed each year. You will always be reminded before each charge, and you can cancel your dues at any time.
Thanks!
George
George
tokyogeorge
Group Organizer
Tokyo, JP
Post #: 50
First, I sincerely apologize for any misunderstanding. It is my goal to keep this a free group. There is no requirement to pay. However, I have setup a voluntary annual fee of $2 to cover specific expenses: pen, notepads, badges, and the fee ($240) to maintain Moriagari on Meetup.com. If only 20% of our members pay the fee, then all expenses are covered. Eventually, I will step down as the organizer of this group, however I want to make sure that this group continues long after I am gone. :). .

For the past year, Moriagari has been my group, and my events. My goal is to transform from My group into Our group, and eventually into YOUR group. Now we are developing more leaders who are bringing their ideas and creating events to meet their preferences. That was the original intention of this group to be a montly crue of people forming a community sharing, learning, and having fun together. Sayan Mitra's event "1,100 Years of Japanese Art" is the best example of members stepping up and creating their own events for the group. It actually was the best event of 2013. Thanks Sayan!