NY Mostly Go Club Message Board › Simple rules for posting events
Everyone in this group is allowed, and encouraged, to post Go related events. Even something as simple as "Hey guys, anyone want to play here this weekend?"
However, to prevent chaos, here's the basic ground rules:
1) If you schedule something you must attend. If you suddenly can't go, you MUST arrange for someone to host for you, or cancel. If I hear complaints I will be forced to take action.
2) No last minute posts. Please give people at least 24-48 hours to RSVP or cancel.
3) Respect existing events. If someone took a day/time you wanted, do not post a conflicting event. It's first come first served. You can discuss with the other host and try to work something out.
4) Most members of this group can only go to 1 event each weekend. So be respectful of the schedule. If there's a Sunday event, try not to schedule something for Saturday of the same weekend. (But in moderation this is okay.)
Here's what goes into a good posting:
1) A time and place. (Need some help? Try one from this list maybe? http://www.meetup.com... )
2) Very clear directions on how to get to the location, and how to find you. People often get lost!
Give phone numbers, door numbers, landmarks. Anything that can help.
3) A short, simple description of what will be happening: "We'll get together to play a few games." "We're going to have a single elimination tournament." etc.
4) Any fees, equipment, etc. that's needed. Boards, stones, chairs, food, what have you.
Edited by Randy Au on Jun 19, 2012 7:33 PM