Motorcycle Riders Meetup: Johnston/Harnett/Wake Message Board › Standing Sunday Brunch Meetup

Standing Sunday Brunch Meetup

Glenn (.
user 11240134
Zebulon, NC
Post #: 10
A few of us were talking about a Standing Sunday Meetup place for Brunch and a Ride. We thought of a place where you could get breakfast/ Brunch and was open at 9:00 am so we could eat then have a good long days ride after. If you ever attended the meetups at Michaels in Pitsboro back a few years ago they did a good job of this type thing and had some good rides after. lets throw out some Ideas, our group is so large now I think we could get this going again. We should also look at Saturday or Sunday?

Mcleans old time cafe
http://www.mcleanscaf...­ - is a great example for this type meetup... great Breakfast big place.. big paved lot and it also has a park and ride lot in front for more parking, great roads in all directions.
Jason ( Mater )
user 20207851
Garner, NC
Post #: 1
We should make it place were its neutral for everyone to meet and that we can head out any direction of the state to ride.
Pete O.
PeteOwens
Holly Springs, NC
Post #: 47
Sounds good to me! I wonder it we should have a series of places around the area since our riders are so spread out? Maybe a rotation through out the month between a place like this in Zebulon but also something similar for other weekends in Garner, Raleigh, Clayton, Smithfield etc.? Just a thought.
Glenn (.
user 11240134
Zebulon, NC
Post #: 11
We did a rotating Sonic Wednesday night meetup down in FL. I will say it was hard to keep up with for what Sonic was on that rotation. I was looking at a place in Clayton area also but not familiar with that area. Garner is a little busy on weekends that is why I was looking in the areas outside in the country.
David (.
Redbullseye
Raleigh, NC
Post #: 46
Big Ed's City Market in Downtown Raleigh could be an option. The weekends tend to be less busy than during the week at any of the places in DTR.
Pete O.
PeteOwens
Holly Springs, NC
Post #: 49
Hey Glenn,
Maybe you should just start posting a"Brunch and a Ride" from there for Sundays and see what happens. I know I would come but probably not every Sunday since it's 40 miles each way from Holly Springs and I have been know to sleep in on Sundays. LOL. You actually may pull in riders from more counties to the east and north of you too. Looks like Zebulon is a good central location to a grouping of Wake, Johnston, Wilson, Nash and Franklin Counties.

Only thing to keep in mind is that some will still want to post other rides on Sundays too. I know I would on occasion prob starting them from Garner or Fuquay like I normally do. We get enough participation in rides now that I don't think that would really be a problem for anyone. Actually might help make the weekend rides a bit more manageable having several going at once.

Just my thoughts.
Glenn (.
user 11240134
Zebulon, NC
Post #: 12
Yea pete I am with ya on that, I was thinking if you did a ride down that way the brunch bunch could eat and ride down to your ride. Again I was shopping for ideas for locations to meet I am not set on Mcleans I just see some advantages there. I think I may post a couple rides from there just to see what happens. Thanks for your input
A former member
Post #: 34
Ya, these are all great comments; I'm all for a Brunch & Ride, and Mcleans is a great place. For us I think someplace near downtown Raleigh would be ideal, a place you could get some good food and or just coffee. For some reason I like the sound of the place Bullseye mentioned in DTR "Big Ed's City Market" I'll check-it-out and report back. By the way; I've suggested to Lori (JBB) to start a Brunch & Ride out of Carolina Brewery in Pittsboro.
Glenn (.
user 11240134
Zebulon, NC
Post #: 13
I know Pete and I are on the most outer edge of our circle, I was thinking Clayton some where around Cornwallis and 42 or Poole rd by the outerbelt, anybody know of a good place around there. Down town is cool but check on traffic parking and how long does it take to get out to any good roads most people dont like to ride downtown I think that is why the Durham one does not do well.
David (.
Redbullseye
Raleigh, NC
Post #: 47
I tried to search for other Breakfast joints around the Garner/Clayton area, but there really aren't that many to choose from. There are a couple other cool places, but both are in DTR.
There is a place on Old Garner Rd. called Toot-N-Tell, but I've never been there. It's been around forever, and some people swear by it, while others say stay away. I think Papa Bear has been there a few times (via facebook check-ins lol), so he could probably speak for it.