Motorcycle Riders Meetup: Johnston/Harnett/Wake Message Board › Could anyone ride this Saturday (August 11th)?

Could anyone ride this Saturday (August 11th)?

A former member
Post #: 1
Hello all,
I'm a newby- very new. I've passed the MSF course a few months ago and have a 2007 Suzuki Boulevard S50 that i'm getting comfortable with. I live in Durham and I've been out of my neighborhood about 4 times on back roads in Durham- with my boyfriend who rides...who is no longer my boyfriend. I don't know anyone to ride with and I would like to get more comfortable before signing up for group rides. I'm 52, just want to cruise at this point- need to work up to spirited rides and twisties. I've got all day free Saturday- are there a few people that might meet me somewhere that I can easily get to from off 98 in Durham and ride for a bit?
thanks
Robin
David (.
Redbullseye
Raleigh, NC
Post #: 56
Welcome to the group. Hope you get someone to join you on Saturday. A lot of the group are heading out on Friday for a trip to the Blue Ridge Parkway and won't return until Sunday, so if you don't get any takers...try posting again.
Bullseye
A former member
Post #: 2
thanks, I appreciate your response. I'm going to ride on Thursday and Friday a bit so hopefully that will help. I'll watch for future rides. thanks!!

Kent K.
3fan4vr
Winston Salem, NC
Post #: 91
Welcome to the group :)
Dave C.
DaveColbert
Raleigh, NC
Post #: 54
When on Thurs. are you planning to ride? I MAY be able to ride some on Thurs.
A former member
Post #: 3
I'm riding with a friend on Thursday and Friday for short rides because i have to work. I am trying to get a few people for Saturday for a longer ride, if possible.
JT
user 7360453
Clayton, NC
Post #: 2
Welcome aboard Robin.

Checked the weather this morning and Saturday is looking potentially stormy ...

http://www.weather.co...­

I'm not much on getting wet, but would consider a ride on Sunday if anyone has interest?

Jeff
A former member
Post #: 4
Hi Jeff, thanks. I found someone to ride with on Saturday afternoon, if the weather holds- I've got plans for Sunday so will have to pass this time! I should be good to join up on some of the group rides after this weekend, so hopefully will see you around.
thanks
Robin