Ride for 7/14 - Exploring the Susquehanna

This ride originally scheduled for 7/7 was rescheduled due to extreme heat forecast

The ride will begin and end at the

7-Eleven

3731 Crondall Lane

Owings Mills, MD 21117

 

Kickstands up at 9:30 am heading for Wrightsville Pennsylvania and the roads along the Susquehanna River. We'll run a variety of secondary roads for the entire route from twisties to the park settings along the river. Our first break will be in the vicinity of Jarrettsville, MD, then crossing to the north side of the river, arriving in Wrightsville about 11:45. Lunch will be at the John Wright Restaurant at a great location on the river.

We'll return to Owings Mills via the south side of the river and a different set of backroads. We'll take a short break along the way back as needed, arriving back at Owings Mills around 2:30. This ride will be conducted according to msf guidelines found on the meetup "Pages" tab, expecially the msf group ride video

Link to route: http://tinyurl.com/y9ffyuw

Come ride with me

Join or login to comment.

  • Dianne

    Great ride and good company. Our ride leader had a scenic, varied route planned out and it was very enjoyable. We were very fortunate with the weather and had a very good riding temperature. The breaks were appropriately timed, and our lunch venue was outstanding! All round great ride and day.

    July 15, 2012

  • Bobby D.

    Everything was great except the weather, but I'm glad I went. In addition I made a Norton contact so what could be better than that.

    July 15, 2012

  • Larry

    Shows again that 30% chance or rain is really 70% chance of a great ride. Rain let up just prior to the start of the ride and got better throughout the day finishing in sunshine with dry roads and cool temps. Lots of variety in the roads, especially with Garmin's attempt to ride off-pavement several times. Great group, nice ride!

    July 15, 2012

  • A former member
    A former member

    Great ride, thanks Larry

    July 14, 2012

  • Larry

    Radar map shows the rain passing and we should be good for the scheduled start time. Bring rain gear just in case. Please update your RSVP if your plans change.

    July 14, 2012

  • A former member
    A former member

    I'm down as +1 as I may be bringing a new rider with me.

    July 12, 2012

  • Mark

    Wise choice! Hope everyone has a great time next week.

    July 9, 2012

  • Larry

    Reluctantly, I have rescheduled this ride due to the extreme temperatures expected 7/7. Let's just say that cooler heads prevailed.

    July 7, 2012

  • Mark D.

    Given the heat it is probably wise for me to dropout. I'm 35-40 miles from Owings Mill which makes it a bit long in the heat. Looking forward to doing this trip under more comfortable conditions. Thank you for organizing it.

    July 6, 2012

  • Larry G.

    I second Drew's comment about it being hot...could only do 100 miles this afternoon... But i'll be there tomorrow.

    July 6, 2012

  • Drew

    Larry I am sorry to do this, I rode for awhile today and it was brutal out there. Tomorrow is supposed to be even hotter. Do not think I want to ride with temps over 100 degrees. If the forecast changes maybe I will reconsider.

    July 6, 2012

  • Larry

    This ride will be an easy, conservative ride. If you are comfortable riding at the speed limit on secondary roads and can follow the bike in front of you close enough to read his license plate, you'll have no problem. We make allowances for those new to group riding so they feel comfortable right away. There's a lot of info on the "Pages" tab that will help.

    July 6, 2012

  • A former member
    A former member

    What will the skill level be of this ride?

    July 6, 2012

8 went

Sometimes the best Meetup Group is the one you start

Get started Learn more
Bill

I started the group because there wasn't any other type of group like this. I've met some great folks in the group who have become close friends and have also met some amazing business owners.

Bill, started New York City Gay Craft Beer Lovers

Sign up

Meetup members, Log in

By clicking "Sign up" or "Sign up using Facebook", you confirm that you accept our Terms of Service & Privacy Policy