Visit http://fasttrackpgh.com/ for more details.
The 6th Annual "Barbara Lee"s" Fast Track to a cure for Huntington's Disease
May 26th 2013
North Park Pool Parking Lot
8:00 a.m. Racers/Drivers
10:00 a.m. Spectators
Great food prepared by Chef Michel Kohlman and a few kids activities. We also offer Fun Runs at the end of the race that enables any one to ride along with a driver on the course for $1.00. This is a very family friend event. Bring chairs so you can watch the race.
Here at Fast Track PGH, we have worked together with the North Hills Sports Car Club (NHSCC) to provide a SAFE, CONTROLLED environment for you to put your car through its paces. Autocross is an automotive obstacle course, good for tuning your driving skills or teaching someone about car control. Upsetting the car's natural balance teaches a driver how to control a vehicle, and autocross is the perfect tool to do so. If you aren't afraid to torture your tires (slight poking, not water boarding!) this event will be perfect for you!
A few things that you need to know if you plan to participate:
- Helmets are required (there are a few provided by the NHSCC).
- The car must be completely cleaned out (no one wants that morning coffee strewn about their car, right?).
- Your car will be put through a quick "safety inspection,” making sure that lugs, batteries and brake pedals are tight like your reflexes. Your inspector will also ensure that the car is properly cleaned out.
- Your car MUST be inspected.
- Bring something to mark your racing numbers and class and your car—we recommend white shoe polish or blue electrical tape. Unsure of your class? Relax! We’ll make sure you end up where you belong!
- Cost is $25 for NHSCC members and $30 for non-members
If you have any other questions, feel free to e-mail [masked].
Can't make it? Donate online: https://www.firstgiving.com/hdsa-wpa/fasttrackpgh
Like FastTrackPGH on Facebook for more updates