addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Pittsburgh MINI Cooper Meetup Group Message Board › new to pittsburgh... where to tint my window?

new to pittsburgh... where to tint my window?

Amous
user 23061341
Pittsburgh, PA
Post #: 1
hey all, i just move to pittsburgh... nice to know there a mini club and can't wait to join activity...

btw, anyone know where to get my window tinted? i also need to install a bicycle rack on my mcs convertible( other than MINI dealership that gonna charge me $650)...

thxs all and hope see u soon
Amber S.
amberback
Delmont, PA
Post #: 13
Hi! Where did you move from? Just want to make sure you know that tinted windows are illegal in PA. Regardless, many people still do it and many get away with it. Just don't go too dark. I haven't had mine tinted but I'm waiting for a response from someone who has, so I'll let you know where they went.

I think any qualified mechanic could put on the bike rack, or even a bike shop, but if you want someone who does work on MINIs check out http://www.mcbautospo...­ they're located in Bridgeville.
Amous
user 23061341
Pittsburgh, PA
Post #: 2
Hi! Where did you move from? Just want to make sure you know that tinted windows are illegal in PA. Regardless, many people still do it and many get away with it. Just don't go too dark. I haven't had mine tinted but I'm waiting for a response from someone who has, so I'll let you know where they went.

I think any qualified mechanic could put on the bike rack, or even a bike shop, but if you want someone who does work on MINIs check out http://www.mcbautospo...­ they're located in Bridgeville.

Thxs fir fast reply... I move from connecicut. I did not kow it's illegal here, I just wan a light tint then..hehe...I did a search on google and there few places that pop up but not sure if good or not

I ask couple of mechanic shops near south side and they dun wan to do it as it involved putting the rack on the bumper metal frame..dun wan liability.. My convertible mcs have to use the special bike rack and need to take put whole rear bumper and other parts n thus take aloof hours.,, why mini dealership charge an arm n 2 legs..hehheh
Nancy M.
user 14472346
Jeannette, PA
Post #: 1
I had my last car, a Volvo tinted at Solar Control Window Tinting in Monroeville, they are on Old William Penn Highway. They did a great job and will be upfront on how dark to go to avoid getting hassled. I never had a problem with with authorities or when getting it inspected. I forget what the number of tint it was but it was dark enough to keep the inside cool and to look really good on a white car, but it wasn't limosine opaque tint either.

I plan to have my mini tinted, but just haven't got around to it yet.