addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Pittsburgh MINI Cooper Meetup Group Message Board › Need MINI advice please

Need MINI advice please

Jennifer B.
JennyBraun
Bethel Park, PA
Post #: 241
Hi,

I got my MINI in May 2003. It's time for another oil change, and I'm ready to get away from the MINI service department. I've found them lacking in later years. They messed up my new transmission (not connecting the hoses properly and stranding me in the Strip District at 11PM on December evening), and I got my oil changed last year and they didn't put the plug back in, causing a lot of inconvenience for me with getting a tow and a rental. Is there anything I need to know as far as going another place for an oil change?

Thanks
Jen
Jennifer B.
JennyBraun
Bethel Park, PA
Post #: 242
Oh and the ~$150 price tag is ridiculous.
Amber S.
amberback
Delmont, PA
Post #: 20
You could always change it yourself, it's not too difficult. It's about $35 in oil and $10 for a filter.
I wouldn't take it to a place like JiffyLube... but any trusted mechanic should be able to do it. (I'm not personally familiar with any in your area though.)
A former member
Post #: 33
Hi,

I got my MINI in May 2003. It's time for another oil change, and I'm ready to get away from the MINI service department. I've found them lacking in later years. They messed up my new transmission (not connecting the hoses properly and stranding me in the Strip District at 11PM on December evening), and I got my oil changed last year and they didn't put the plug back in, causing a lot of inconvenience for me with getting a tow and a rental. Is there anything I need to know as far as going another place for an oil change?

Thanks
Jen

I highly recommend McB Autosport in Bridgeville, next to the roller rink between Bower Hill Road and the KMart plaza on Washington Pike. Mike and Mark (the owners) are great guys, and Mark even races Mini's. So they def know their stuff. They are on the busline if you work downtown.
Jennifer B.
JennyBraun
Bethel Park, PA
Post #: 243
Thank you both...Jane, that sounds perfect! I will try them.
A former member
Post #: 2
Cheapest safest place i found does great work..$ 45..your local tire centers