BARN BURNER 104
presented by Landis Cyclery
Endurance Mountain Bike Event
Solo, 2-Person, 4-Person Teams
June 2nd, 2012
visit the link for more info
- Qualifying spots for the Leadville Trail 100 Mountain Bike Race, August 11, 2012
- A darn cool tee
- Event jerseys, beanies, hoodies and more... to commemorate your day and wear proudly throughout the year
- Awards 3 Deep Overall and 3 deep per race division (see below)
- Post race Four Peaks Brewing Beer Garden, party, games, music, smores and more!
- Vendors Onsite:
- Landis Cyclery - all your biking needs and then some! Official sponsor of the event!
- Four Peaks Brewing Company - Kilt Lifter, Sunbru, and Hop Knot IPA on tap in the Four Peaks Beer Garden starting as early as 11:00 AM!
- Bigfoot Bar-B-Q will be serving some delicious BBQ starting at 11am. Voted best in Flag since 2002!
- Cowboy (1)- race by yourself, male/female
- Loner (Solo SS) (1)- race by yourself, with 1 gear on bike, male/female
- Pardner (2)- race with a friend (or foe), male/female co-ed
- Posse (4) - race with 3 friends, male/female, co-ed
- Stage Coach (2) - tandem, male, female or co-ed - trust is essential, pick your partner wisely!
Relay Teams (Pardner or Posse)
Relay teams consist of two, or 4 members, if you only have 3 you can ro-sham-bo (it is THE great equalizer) to see who gets the extra miles. Come up with a theme, or just ride and have a good time.
**All Cat 1 riders must have and present at time of registration an annual USAC MTB license, available online (www.usacycling.org) or on site. Cat 2 and Cat 3 riders may compete with an Annual or One Day USAC MTB license. 1 Day Licenses available onsite only.
This is a 104 mile endurance mountain bike event. The course is a 26 mile loop, and is on Forest Service roads. The course is not technically challenging, and is considered a "roadie" mountain bike course...meaning it is beginner friendly(ish) and fast for those with more experience/endurance/EPO/whiskey. There are a few sketchy spots to keep you honest and climbs to make your lungs hurt a bit. All in all you are riding at altitude, in cooler weather, with cool people and camping out - what more can you ask for?
Riders will start Lemans style, running to your trusty steed and heading out on a wild west adventure! All riders will check in at the Barn at the completion of each loop and either change riders or simply check in before continuing onward.
Elevation Info -
Start Elev 8110.0 ft
Max Elev 1581.0 ft
**By signing up for this meetup, I agree to the following**
Mountain Biking can be dangerous and cause serious bodily injury or even possibly death. The organizers of this group and it's members will not be held responsible for the actions of any participant at any event. Each rider attends an event at their own risk and is solely responsible for any damage to their equipment or themselves.
YOU MUST FULLY UNDERSTAND THAT MOUNTAIN BIKING INVOLVES RISKS AND DANGERS OF SERIOUS BODILY INJURY, INCLUDING PERMANENT DISABILITY, PARALYSIS, AND DEATH.
FULLY ACCEPT AND ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS AND ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSSES, COSTS, AND DAMAGES.
HEREBY RELEASE FROM ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, DEMANDS, LOSSES, OR DAMAGES ON MY ACCOUNT CAUSED OR ALLEGED TO BE CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY THE MEMBERS OF THIS GROUP.
I HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT, I FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY ATTENDING AND HAVE ATTEND FREELY AND WITHOUT INDUCEMENT OR ASSURANCE OF ANY NATURE AND INTEND IT TO BE A COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY TO THE GREATEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW.