2014 Texas XC MTB State Championship Series
The Bicycle Sport Shop Pace Bend Race
Presented by the Austin Ridge Riders
Pace Bend Park March 15-16, 2014
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
Saturday, March 15, 2014 –
• 9:00am – 7:00pm Course open for Pre-riding, Expo set up available
• 12:00pm – 4:00pm FREE Bike Texas Kid’s Kup/ Shimano Youth Series
• 1:00pm – 2:00pm FREE First Time Racer Clinic
• 1:00pm – 5:00pm Registration and packet pick up
Sunday, March 16, 2014 – ABSOLUTELY NO PRE-RIDING ON SUNDAY
Registration ends and the mandatory racers meeting begins 30 minutes prior to each category start time.
• 7:00am Registration and exposition area open
• 9:00am Cat 1 Start – 3 laps approx. 10 mile loop
• 11:00am Cat 2 Start – 2 laps approx. 10 mile loop
• 1:00pm 10/12 and under start – 4 miles 10/under; 6 miles 12/under
• 1:30pm Cat 3 start – 1 lap approx. 10 mile loop
Awards after each race. 75% cash payout for Cat 1, awards and merchandise for Cat 2, awards and raffle for Junior and Cat 3 racers.
DIRECTIONS TO PACE BEND PARK: Pace Bend is on Lake Travis approximately 30 miles west of Austin. From the intersection of RR 620 and Hwy. 71, take Hwy. 71 west 11 miles to RR 2322 (Pace Bend Park Road). Turn right on RR 2322 and travel 4.6 miles to the park entrance. GPS Coordinates:[masked],-98.04665. Park phone number:[masked]-1482. Park entry fee $10 per car per day or $15 per night for primitive camping. Pets on leash okay.
BIKE TEXAS KID’S KUP/SHIMANO YOUTH SERIES
2:00-2:30 Bike and Helmet safety talk
2:30-3:00 Shimano Youth Series race
Kids ages 6-12 have an opportunity to practice racing and explore the joys of mountain biking. All kids will need a working bike, a helmet, and a parent or guardian to sign the registration form.
RV sites and motel rooms available at the Highland
Lakes camping area, a private campground within the
park. Contact Jackie Albright at[masked] x-1180
to make a reservation.
$35 Adults 19 and up/ $30 pre-registration
$15 Juniors 13-18
$10 Juniors 12 and under
To pre-register, go to BikeReg.com. USAC license required. Licenses available at on-site registration.
Held under USA Cycling Permit #
EXPO AREA: Contact Todd Eric (Desert Nomad) at [masked] by March 1st to reserve team or expo space.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: