Looks like beautiful weather is scheduled for Tuesday. Lets get an early week ride on! After, let's do some beer and food while catching up with old and new friends.
Everyone is welcome, but here are a few things to keep in mind:
Please remember trail Etiquette:
- Downhill riders yield to uphill riders!
1. This is an unsupported ride, which means that you should have experience on a mountain bike. You should be prepared to fix your bike, find your way back to the parking lot, and ride solo if it comes to that. This ride will not have a dedicated "sweeper." If you're worried about riding alone, think about bringing a friend or posting a note on the site before the ride.
2. If you don't know the trail, you should carry a map or directions. http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/parks/cct/downloads/lakeffxtrailmap.pdf
3. A helmet is required, and we strongly encourage you to bring a cell phone and water.
4. You should have a bike tool, pump and spare tubes — and of course know how to use them