The London Movie Meetup Group Message Board › MONTHLY MOVIES

MONTHLY MOVIES

Gabriel
gabrieldasilva
Group Organizer
London, GB
Post #: 254
Alright, for September we're only nominating stuff that's come out in the 2 weeks prior to the meet, that way it'll still be on release!
(And we can go to a decent cinema to see it!)

If you want to add to this list go ahead; the vote list goes up at the weekend.
Got to be new ones tho!!

For your consideration:

*'A Few Days in September'
*'Atonement'
*'In the Hands of the Gods'
*'Legacy'
*'My Nikifor'
*'True North'
*'The Yacoubian Building'
And surely for geeks like me only
*'Helvetica'
A former member
Post #: 2
I suggest Paris, je t'aime

And its not because I'm french !
Anne-Lise
user 3679493
London, GB
Post #: 13
I have seen the posters for "Control" in the tube. Looking at the buzz around it, I'm intrigued and I think i'd enjoy this movie.
Gabriel
gabrieldasilva
Group Organizer
London, GB
Post #: 259
OK the poll is up for 13th Oct.

I've included MOST of people's nominations.
'Paris J' T'aime' looks like its gone off general release- sorry Barbara.
And though 'Deathproof' has been nominated...

I used to like Tarantino and would place some of his films in my top 30, but my current opinion is that he's a one trick pony who's trick got stale about 5 years ago and I won't watch another of his films until he gets a new trick.
And I've got to be at the meetup so it's not going on the vote list!
(Plus as with other films such as 'Captivity' and the like, I don't find the mindless abuse of women (or men for that matter) particularly entertaining or 'edgy')

I hope he'll prove me wrong one day because he's made some really clever classics, but until he realises that 'edgy, out-there, orginal film makers' are supposed to make edgy, out-there, original films, I ain't buying a ticket.

That's my Tarantino rant over.

However, it STILL goes without saying that this month's 'won't touch it with a bargepole' movie is 'I pronounce you Chuck and Larry'.

Please vote here­
A former member
Post #: 6
Tarantino is so boring for me, I nearly fall asleep in front of Pulp Fiction and could not watch more than 15 minutes of Kill Bill though I can't resist the charm of Uma Thurman.

I vote The Invasion, it sounds great, and Nicole Kidman another actress I can't resist love struck
Jennie B.
user 5257041
London, GB
Post #: 1
For Novmber I suggest 'Rendition' starring Reese Witherspoon, Jake Gyllenhaal and Meryl Streep.
A former member
Rendition sounds good. A few other suggestions include:

Eastern Promises - directed by David Cronenberg
http://www.focusfeatu...­

Sicko - the new Michael Moore film about the health system in America
http://www.sicko-movi...­

Ratatouille (for the kid in me!)
http://disney.go.com/...­
Kalyi
Kalyi
London, GB
Another suggestion is 'Control' by Anton Corbijn (about Ian Curtis from Joy Division)
Sandra D.
SandeyDee
Hertford, GB
Post #: 209
For November - Ratatouli looks cute laughing

and (may be getting ahead of myself here) for December, I suggest I Am Legend - It's got something for everyone! Zombies for the boys and Will Smith for the girls! love struck
Sandra D.
SandeyDee
Hertford, GB
Post #: 210
Ooh! Also! 30 Days Of Night looks good, and maybe Beowulf. x