Steven Spielberg directs Daniel Day-Lewis in Lincoln, a revealing drama that focuses on the 16th President's tumultuous final months in office. In a nation divided by war and the strong winds of change, Lincoln pursues a course of action designed to end the war, unite the country and abolish slavery. With the moral courage and fierce determination to succeed, his choices during this critical moment will change the fate of generations to come.
- [BOOKING LINK]
- The screening is at 8pm
- The British invented Lincoln, so here is [a link] to the original
- Let's meet at the Three Crowns pub at about 6:30-7:00. It's about 20 seconds away from the cinema so we can relax there before heading to the cinema at about 7:45pm. A table will be reserved for us [LINK]
- What is Orange Wednesday? [LINK]
- The organiser is NOT supplying Orange Wednesday codes. Ask your friends, family, workmates or post a message here if you need one or have one to share
- If the Three Crowns is closed, full or somesuch; we can meet in the downstairs area of the cinema, although its usually empty, silent and not conducive to a pleasant atmosphere
- Please be aware that the film is ALMOST THREE HOURS LONG. YES, THREE HOURS!
- Be Warned: This film will be VERY POPULAR and will sell out. Do not wait till the last minute to buy your ticket. You have been warned.