addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The London Movie Meetup Group Message Board › Function room and projector....

Function room and projector....

A former member
Post #: 9
Thought some of you movie fans might know where/how I can set up a room here in London to view DVD movies for an afternoon?

I was thinking of renting a function room and a projector as well (then connecting my laptop to the projector), but that sounds rather expensive... well, expensive if it's only for a small group of viewers.

Any suggestions?
Richard F
user 2543752
London, GB
Post #: 69
Have you checked out the Cafe downstairs in the Curzon Soho on Shaftsbury Avenue. They have a screen with projector installed. I don't know what their policy is and it depends on why you want to use but it is just a thought.

Richard
A former member
Post #: 10
thanks for the suggestion, richard! I'll look into it...

Being a bit of a star wars geek, I am thinking of getting the original trilogy DVDs when they come out here on the 11th and watching them with a some friends. Thought it would be fun if we actually had a proper viewing of these dvds on projector, than a living room tv. BUT, we only seem to be a really small group who wanna go through with this meetup, so the projector idea might not materialize.
Richard F
user 2543752
London, GB
Post #: 91
I'm still waiting for the Imax cinema to do the full run on the South Bank. I think they have done it once, but I'm sure they'll do it again at some point. I went to the full showing of Lord of the Rings and that was great fun.

There is also a bar on Bear Street in Leicester Square that has screening facilities. I think it was called Zoo. I saw the Super Short film festival there, last month. They have a projector upstairs but also something downstairs, although I'm not sure what. Might be worth checking out.

Sorry again for leaving it so long before chatting. I thought this group had closed down. I'd still be interested in seeing A Scanner Darkly. It does look good, but you might have seen it already.

All the best.
Richard F
user 2543752
London, GB
Post #: 119
Good news Liam. I think I have an answer for you.....hey, better late than never, right?

The Pitcher & Piano just south of Holborn tube has a small room in the back, big enough for about 15 people, that has a plasma t.v. in it, hooked up to a dvd player. I've spoken to them and it can be used, free of charge, as long as there aren't any parties booked. It's not the quietest of bars but I think it would be o.k. for you. Perhaps worth checking out. I hope it's alright for you.

All the best

Rich

It's about half way down Kingsway. Turn left out of Holborn Tube and it will be on the left-hand side.