The London Movie Meetup Group Message Board › Next Meetup: YOUR CHANCE TO VOTE!!

Group Organizer
London, GB
Post #: 21
OK, this is the first Meetup for me, so I'd like to encourage everyone to vote on what movie we're going to see and where.

I've put together some options, but if anybody else has any, post them in this thread and we'll see how many votes we get.
Also, feel free to post other venues.
I'm pitching 8th October (Sunday) as the date, but again feel free to suggest others.
I'd also suggest that evenings or late afternoons be the best time so we can go for a drink afterwards, but again all options are open.
My tentative list to vote for:

*'Sisters in Law' at the Brixton Ritzy, 10.30am.
(Organised and suggested by Mel- proceeds go to Womankind)

*'Inconvenient Truth' at Clapham Picture House at 4.30pm or 7pm
(Or at The Tricycle in Kilburn at 6.50pm)

*'Volver' at Curzon Soho at 4.30pm

*'Children of Men' at Electric Cinema on Portobello at 4.45pm or 8.15pm

*'This Film is Not Yet Rated' at ICA Cinema at 4.15pm ot 6.30pm

*'The Wind that Shakes the Barley' at The Phoinex Cinema in East Finchley at 4.15pm

Please note that I only have this week's schedules to go with, so times may change closer to the time.

Any votes and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
I'll probably try to go along to Mel's showing anyway in the morning, so since that's early we could always go to that and have a meetup film as well.
Hope to hear your thoughts/votes soon!
A former member
Post #: 3
Call me biased, but I vote to see my film, Sisters In Law!

user 3229101
London, GB
Post #: 1
hey, I'm Tammy,
I would like to watch 'Volver', coz I love Almodovar very much.
8th October I am available.
A former member
first pick: Children of Men
second pick: Volver
Richard F
user 2543752
London, GB
Post #: 104
I'm for Volver or Inconvenient Truth.

Richard F
A former member
Im for

1*'Children of Men'

2*'Inconvenient Truth

Although my attendence does depend me finishing attending a wedding on time!

See you all soon hopefuly
A former member
i would love to see volver seems like an interesting watch and second choice is an 'Inconvenient Truth'
user 3122598
London, GB
Post #: 6
Thanks for trying to get the group going!

My first choice would be Children of Men. 2nd choice would either be "The wind" or "this film is not yet..."...

Also, oddly enough, I'd like to see "The Queen"...
A former member
Post #: 2

I vote for Volver. Thanks for arranging this group and hope to meet up anyway, whatever the film.

Lisa. x
A former member

I've already seen Volver and The Wind that Shakes the Barley. Volver is Almadovar at his very best, maybe not as visually stunning as his earlier work, but the characterisations are more in-depth, with excellent performances from Penelope Cruz and Carmen Maura. The Wind that Shakes the Barley was a worthy winner of the Palme d'Or. It is extremely powerful and certain sequences are almost too painful to watch. However, it is emotionally draining and not at all a feel-good film!

Best wishes from Neil