The London Movie Meetup Group Message Board › MONTHLY MOVIES

MONTHLY MOVIES

A former member
Post #: 22
I wanna see Stardust

I see also there is an old but well-known version of Dracula I've never seen at the BFI this day :

http://www.bfi.org.uk...­
Gabriel
gabrieldasilva
Group Organizer
London, GB
Post #: 272
I like your new picture Barbara- it's very French.

Wait a minate... that's... that's MY car!!!!!!!!
Gabriel
gabrieldasilva
Group Organizer
London, GB
Post #: 273
I've shortlisted to 10 films (as the poll can only take 10), so I've had to take a couple of people's choices out.

Banned this month was 'Brothers Solomon' and anything with Keira Knightley, Nicole Kidman or Tom Cruise in which their characters didn't die.

This month's vote list:
*'Eastern Promises'
About the Russian mafia with Aragorn (having tattooed rings onto his hands so as not to lose them again) and the woman from the crappy 'Ring' remakes running inexplicably from TV screens... well, it IS a Cronenberg film...

*'Rendition'
America absues prisoners of war shocker!!!!

*'Sicko'
America has a shit health service shocker!!!!

*'Ratatouille'
Rat runs French kitchen shocker!!!!

*'Control' (if still showing)
About some bloke from Joy Division. The film about the keyboardist from the Pet Shop Boys and the one about the dancing girl from an MC Hammer video are coming soon.

*'30 Days of Night'
Not a prequel to 40 Days and 40 Nights and 50 First Dates, but closer to a sequel to 28 Days Later.

*'Death at a Funeral'
'Dark' comedy apparently, but apologies to those hoping this is just a new edit of the last fifth of Four Weddings and a Funeral, uncut edition featuring gory Hugh Grant decapitation scene thought too edgy for American audiences in the original release. Shame.

*'Dreams'
Dutch-Iraqi film about escaped mental patients during the war in which the crew became part of the film after being abducted. Probably actually a serious film!!!

*'Elizabeth: The Golden Age'
Sequel to that other costume drama featuring the same Queen. The final part of the trilogy is set in space, starring our current Queen with Helen Mirren as stunt double and Bob Hoskins as that chirpy cockny chappy (IE, he's playing himself)

*'A Crude Awakening
Documentary about how the desire for oil has fucked up the world. The director will probably win a nobel peace prize next year... because that's what they're for these days, rather than for being peaceful and shit.

(Please note, the synopsis of these films mat not be entirely accurate; the thing in Ratatouille may well be a mouse, I don't know)

Please vote in the polls section!
Sandra D.
SandeyDee
Hertford, GB
Post #: 216

I agree! wink

Damn, and I though I was being so original! I've just uploaded a new picture of my pet Haggis! His name is McTavish...isn't he cute! wink
A former member
Post #: 23

Damn, and I though I was being so original! I've just uploaded a new picture of my pet Haggis! His name is McTavish...isn't he cute! wink

I thought it was a pic of Gabriel, there is so much similarity !
Sandra D.
SandeyDee
Hertford, GB
Post #: 219

shock

Barbara, you make me laugh! (you naughty girl!) wink

Actually, It could very well be a pic of Gabriel. I think he is part Haggis...

biggrin
A former member
Post #: 24

shock

Barbara, you make me laugh! (you naughty girl!) wink

Actually, It could very well be a pic of Gabriel. I think he is part Haggis...

biggrin

Do you mean that Gabriel is your pet ?? Can I adopt him ? love struck

I dont know what Haggis is but my dictionary says its a Scottish sausage ! Gabi is not a Scottish sausage if it was you mean, naughty girl !biggrin
Sandra D.
SandeyDee
Hertford, GB
Post #: 220

Do you mean that Gabriel is your pet ?? Can I adopt him ? love struck

I dont know what Haggis is but my dictionary says its a Scottish sausage ! Gabi is not a Scottish sausage if it was you mean, naughty girl !biggrin

You can have him! He's always scratching up the furniture anyway! LoLwink

You can get Haggis sausages, made from the lesser spotted highland haggis that live in the mountains. love struck Although they are becoming an endangered species, because American tourist have been going to Scotland to hunt them for generations. crying

Sandey x

P.S. I am not a naughty girl, you're just a bad influence on me! wink

P.P.S. Is it me, or is our conversation just getting weird...? confused
A former member
Post #: 25

Wait a minate... that's... that's MY car!!!!!!!!

I knew you would like it mon lapin blanc.

And there was Keira Knightley in it, she died burnt alive !! Are you happy ?love struck
Gabriel
gabrieldasilva
Group Organizer
London, GB
Post #: 275
Thre are three of us posting on this board and two of us are clearly insane...