align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

The London Movie Meetup Group Message Board › Want to see a movie?

Want to see a movie?

Gabriel
gabrieldasilva
Group Organizer
London, GB
Post #: 141
This thread is here for members to arrange to meet others (at their own risk of course!!!) if they don't want to go to the pics on their lonesome!

Just post any film syou're going to see and when here and see if anybody else is interested.
Anne-Lise
user 3679493
London, GB
Post #: 2
Hi everyone,
I've joined the group about a month ago, but did not get a chance to meet you guys so far. Anyway, there are two upcoming festivals that I hope to go to. The first one is the Human Rights Watch International Film Festival. You?ll find information about it at http://hrw.org/iff...­
The second festival is exclusively French (I'm French...). It includes films that should be released later this year. Here is the site address: http://www.rendez-vou...­
There are several films I'd like to go to, but I probably won't be able to see them all. I haven't made up my mind yet.
Please let me know if you're interested.
Anne-Lise
Robert
user 4461305
London, GB
Post #: 7
hi i am organising a trip to the new harry potter movie for this friday, if anyone is interested you can view the details by clicking on the link below.

thanks

harry potter and the order of the phoenix meetup
Mo
user 3357941
London, GB
Post #: 2
Hi,

Would anyone like to join me for the Bourne trilogy all-nighter at the BFI Imax on Saturday? More info at http://www.bfi.org.uk...­

I've been to the Matrix and Aliens all-nighters and really enjoyed them, sadly no one seems to be free for this one.

Thanks
Barbara
Barbara2010
London, GB
Post #: 4
Hi, sorry to the organisers that I have created another post and just see this one now, I hope you'll forgive me this mess biggrin

Does someone would like to see Out of Tibet tuesday at 7pm ? Summary :

"Sometimes love falls where it?s least expected: when a German musician travels to India she is not looking for a husband - but she falls truly and deeply in love with a monk from Tibet. This is the love story between German Punk musician Sandra and Tibetan Lama and exiled Gelek, a journey from India to Lake Constance and from Berlin to the ?roof of the world?.

Sandra, born in 1962, grew up in a small town. At the age of fourteen, she ran away from her outwardly bourgeois, but inwardly broken family, became a heroin addict and ended up in Berlin in the mid-eighties where she established herself as an accordion-playing punk icon. With the help of her music and of Buddhism she succeeded in beating her drug addiction. As a Zen nun, she travelled to India.

As the sixth reincarnation of a Lama, Gelek was discovered living in a Nomadic family. He grew up as monk in the Bangsar monastery, under the Chinese occupation of Tibet, and became a political activist. After having been arrested many times by the Chinese and surviving three years of prison and torture, he finally fled to India to live as a hermit. Was it love at first sight when one day Sandra appeared outside his hut or, as Gelek believes, was it the karma from her previous life? To marry Sandra and to travel to Europe with her he gave up his vows. A considerable blow for his future reincarnations. In Sandra and Gelek?s relationship, their worlds clash daily, but this loving couple seem to find each other in the differences they each have. "

Its played at Goethe-Institute on Exhibition Road for the modest cost of £3.
Robert
user 4461305
London, GB
Post #: 17
anyone want to see son of rambow on thursday 10th April

if i get a response i will announce a location on wednesday 9th April

im sure with enough people being members i can persuade someone.

this request can also be found here­
Gabriel
gabrieldasilva
Group Organizer
London, GB
Post #: 296
Sorry Robert, can't make it.
My week nights are kind of gone this week!!
Hope some people are interested tho!
Robert
user 4461305
London, GB
Post #: 18
no problem anyway, i have had to move the date ahead to next week.

if anyone wants to go and we can agree on a date for next week let me know.
juliet
user 5219104
London, GB
Post #: 1
Alexandra - Russia 2007 Alexander Sokurov
Further to my previous message, the Art House Move Meet-up will be organising a group to see this film when it's generally released at the end of Sept :). It has been reviewed as a masterpiece - lucky choice!
A former member
Post #: 3
Hiya, suggestion for next movie poll or if anyone is interested in seeing it - Wong Kar Wai's Ashes of Time Redux.
cheers