The London Movie Meetup Group Message Board › Location Suggestions for Free Screenings...

Location Suggestions for Free Screenings...

Sandra D.
SandeyDee
Hertford, GB
Post #: 248
Hi all!

We had the intention of bringing back the ever popular free screening meetup this month. However the Sun Tavern, where we normally hold these events, are suddenly being rather arsey about letting us have the function room. angry (grrrr!)

So, we're open to suggestions!

Does anyone know of a bar (or anywhere else) that:
*Has a function room with a screen
*Is relatively central
*Will let us have the room for free or at least really, really cheap
*Is big enough to fit this group

we're not asking for much...are we...?! confused
Richard F
user 2543752
London, GB
Post #: 260
Hi Sandra,

O'Neals pub on Conway Street near Warren Street Station (Victoria Line) has a great space upstairs with a fair sized screen and a pool table. I spoke to them and they would be fine for us to use it as long as it was week day.

It's a shame about The Sun Tavern as it was a cute space, well located. Can I ask what has happened or should I not go there?

I won't be seeing the film tomorrow as I have boycotted it, but I will try and get there afterwards to meet up and discuss future projects.

I hope you are well and I am sure there are other places. We will find them and resurrect "The Free Screen Thingy".

All the best,

Richard
Gabriel
gabrieldasilva
Group Organizer
London, GB
Post #: 288
Yeah we'll have to have a look at this- O'Neils sounds like a decent deal; do you think they'll put us in the diary on a Tuesday night or something?

We'll also need a theme for the next free screening!

I'm also thinking of speaking to the Curzon about doing a monthly meet there and just seeing whatever's on- perhaps we'll get a group discount for that one!
Richard F
user 2543752
London, GB
Post #: 264
Good idea about the discount. We must be pulling some weight now with the numbers. Sorry I didn't make Saturday, time ran out. Are you or Sandy able to meet up at some point for a chat and drink? I have a few ideas for the next free screening.

O'neals is friendly but the tv isn't too big. I'll keep hunting in the mean time. They were happy to book an evening in and it has it's own bar and pool table. Perhaps we could meet up there for a chat and you could check it out.

Hope all is well with you both.

Rich
Sandra D.
SandeyDee
Hertford, GB
Post #: 253
Hey dudes!

Are you both going to be at the philosophy meetup on Sunday? Maybe we could slink off afterwards an check this pub out...what do you reckon?

Sandey x
Barbara
Barbara2010
London, GB
Post #: 6
Try the Loom Bar in Clipstone Street near Great Portland Street tube
Richard F
user 2543752
London, GB
Post #: 266
Oh Sandra, you are not just a pretty face are you. Yep, I will be there on Sunday and will have time afterwards as well. My only worry is that he said that it wasn't available at the weekend. I'm not sure if that means that they are closed or just private. I guess we can find out. Or check Barbara's suggestion. Thank you for that Barbara, it will be added to the list.

See you Sunday. I have a suggestion for the next screening..........I'll tell you on Sunday. Oooh, I'm a tease.

All the best

Rich
A former member
Post #: 1
Hi Guys,

I'm working on a new startup that's quite relevant. It's all about free movies including free screenings, advanced screenings, and contests. Check it out:

filmGL.com

In addition to alerting people about free movies, I plan to put on my own free screenings on once we have a sizable membership of around 300 people at least. Please help me spread the word and grow this into a valuable organization. Thanks!

Taige