addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The London Movie Meetup Group Message Board › Avoid the Empire Leicester Square!

Avoid the Empire Leicester Square!

A former member
Post #: 151
I went there recently and during the end credits, I switched on my mobile. A guy who turned out to be the general manager, Stephen Bush, crept up quietly to my seat from behind and startled me, making me jump in my seat, and invaded my personal space by coming right up to my face and telling me to lower the phone as it might bother people trying to read the credits at the back of the cinema!

I went to speak to him afterwards and he was incredibly rude and abrasive. I asked him if he had asked other people in the cinema to lower their phones, and he said "Oh don't be ridiculous". I saw audience members using their phones during the film, so I asked if he had been in the auditorium during the film and he said no – he'd only come in at the end credits, seen me using my phone and come up to me.

He could have quite easily come up to my row with a torch and asked me to lower my phone. The fact he chose to approach me in the sinister way he did was rather unhinged. He obviously gets his jollies doing that.

I've never been spoken to by a cinema manager the way Bush did to me. He dared me to complain about him, so he was obviously confident that nothing would happen.

It's bad enough the ticket prices are exorbitant at the Empire, but for the general manager to treat the customer like that, just takes the piss!