addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Movie Fans In Melbourne Message Board › New Meetup: ACMI plus Melbourne Film Festival - Extra Last Minute Saturday A

New Meetup: ACMI plus Melbourne Film Festival - Extra Last Minute Saturday Afternoon Event

A former member
Announcing a new Meetup for The Melbourne Movie Fans Meetup Group!

What: ACMI plus Melbourne Film Festival - Extra Last Minute Saturday Afternoon Event

When: August 1, 2009 4:45 PM

Forum Cinema
154 Flinders St
0411 961 338

I was just going to attend the MIFF myself, but thought I'd also post it as a a Meetup Film event, even though it's the last minute. (book in here, but give me a call on 0411 961 338 (Greg) if you want as well, or just "turn up" ).

<p>3.30 pm. Meet at The Forum Cinema box office (154 Flinders St) to purchase our ticket for the French film "Louise-Michel" at 4.45 pm. Then we go across the road to ACMI - Australian Centre for the Moving Image - Melbournes museum for all things cinematic, televisual, multimedia and otherwise "moving image".(it's on the north side of Federation Square )

</p><p>Here's a review on the MIFF (Melbourne International Film Festival) website of the film.

France, 2008 (Vengeance Is Mine)

</p><p>“This quixotic revenge comedy tosses decorum aside as it joyfully sifts through the underlying perversion of life.” – Sundance Film Festival

</p><p>When a team of female factory workers find their boss has run off with their pay, they pool their meagre compensation payouts to fund a worthy cause: hiring a hit man to kill their former manager. Things don’t go entirely to plan, as events deteriorate into comical chaos.

</p><p>Its title a reference to the 19th-century French anarchist, Louise-Michel is a scattershot satire, liberally mocking rampant capitalism, greenies, 9/11 conspiracy theorists and illegal immigrants, all the while hurtling along to an indie rock soundtrack. Hint: hang around for the post-credits stinger.

</p><p>Stars Yolande Moreau and Bouli Lanners, along with a cameo from Philippe Katerine.

</p><p>Winner of the Special Jury Prize at this year’s Sundance Film Festival.

Learn more here: