addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Atlanta Pirates and Wenches Guild Message Board › Pirates of the Chattahoochee 2009

Pirates of the Chattahoochee 2009

A former member
Post #: 1
Ahoy!! The National Civil War Naval Museum at Port Columbus, in Columbus GA will be holding its 6th Annual Pirates of the Chattahoochee. It is October 24, 2009, from 12-4pm it is open to the public.

What's the cost? For Pirates in Pirate Attire Pay no admission Fee. For the Pirates that help with the activity stations your reward is a free lunch.
There is Camping available, there will be a Period Section, a modern section, and the have some RV hook up, the charge for Camping? FREE.
They also happen to have the Largest Civil War Cannon to still be fired, and Yes, they want us, yes Us to help them fire it!
And if that aint enough they have a ship that needs to be captured, the CSS Water Witch.
After the public leaves it will be just a kicked back and relaxed gathering of the Brethren, so if ye be able I pray ye to attend.
If you need any other information Please feel free to contact me and I will give you an answer, and if you require the correct answer I will contact the Lady in Charge of the Event.

Capt. Jack Shite
A former member
Post #: 2
Pirates of The Chattahoochee
Volunteer Information
October 24, 2009
Volunteers needed from 12:00noon – 4:00p.m.

Event Description
Public Advertisement:
Pirates of the Chattahoochee Family Day!
October 24, 2009
12:00noon – 4:00p.m.

Join us for a day of family pirate fun and adventure! Boat rides, kid’s art activities and games, pirate tattoos, face painting, real cannon ball toss competition, music, jewelry making, treasure hunting and more!

General Information:
Pirates of The Chattahoochee Family Day is an event we put on just to have fun! It is geared for all ages with an emphasis on families with children. We expect over 500 people to attend. There will be over 30 different activities or “stations”. (See the complete listing of stations in Pirates of The Chattahoochee Stations for detailed information.) The public is invited to participate in all of our activities and will walk away with a number of prizes and things they have made. Most of the activities are made so those who didn’t arrive looking like a Pirate will definitely leave looking like one!

Volunteer Jobs
Volunteers Needed
Volunteers run a station.

There are over 30 different stations to work. Most are at tables with chairs. Each station will have instructions and an example of the activity for the volunteer. There will be 30 minutes before the public arrives for training, orientation and for each volunteer to test their activity. None of the activities will be complicated or require any special skills.
• Refreshments, snacks, lunch and breaks will be provided.
• It will be very busy and fun so time will fly.

Volunteer Attire
• Clothes: Pirate attire or casual jeans and t-shirt that you can get dirty. Many volunteers look forward to this event all year so they can go all out in their pirate attire, so feel free to also come decked out. If you have a red, black or even a black and white striped shirt to help you blend in with the rest of the scalawags, that would be great!
• Shoes: Comfortable shoes a must, such as sneakers.
• Sunscreen: Some stations are outside. (Please notify the staff if you need to be indoors for any reason.)

When
10:30a.m. – Volunteers arrive
12:00 noon – Cannon Firing Marking the Beginning of the Event
12:00 noon – Event Opens to the Public
4:00p.m. – Cannon Firing Marking the End of the Event
4:00p.m. – Station Clean-up
4:30p.m. – Volunteers Depart

Where is it held?
National Civil War Naval Museum at Port Columbus
1002 Victory Drive
Columbus, GA 31901
• Inside and Outside the Museum as well as on the Chattahoochee River.

Where should I go when I arrive?
Go to the staff person at the main desk and let them know you have arrived. Staff will be training volunteers as you arrive. If there isn’t anyone to go through training and orientation with you, take a seat near the front desk, as they will be checking in for new arrivals every few minutes.

James McDonad
(229)732-5562

P.S.
THERE IS PERIOD,MODERN CAMPING AND SOME RV HOOKUPS AVAILABLE...
Sage S.
user 9847538
Richland, GA
Hope you all have a good time this year.. Enjoy...
A former member
The Crew of the Sloop du Jour will provide a Bretheren's Faire, It will include;
Roasted Carrots and Potatoes, Roasted Pork Tenderlion with a Muscadine Sauce, Bread with Honey Butter, and the meal will be topped off with a Chocolate Mousse Truffle.
For the same price of FREE.... We are trying to promote the Hobby not our income, We are trying to help the museum, and help create a great event right here in West Central GA.
Sage S.
user 9847538
Richland, GA
Post #: 5
I hate that the Museum got left holding the bag... I don't recall anyone promising anything to them from last year? We were just notified about 2 1/2 weeks ago from Nicola asking if we would participate again and i told her probably not that we had made other plans.. but your group took it... so i hope you have fun with it and enjoy it..
Sage
A former member
Post #: 3
I hate that the Museum got left holding the bag... I don't recall anyone promising anything to them from last year? We were just notified about 2 1/2 weeks ago from Nicola asking if we would participate again and i told her probably not that we had made other plans.. but your group took it... so i hope you have fun with it and enjoy it..
Sage

Thanks! We will! Maybe next year scheduling can be worked out so there is not two events on top of each other! I know that was a goof being noone knew about Pirates on the Chattahoochee!
Calico Ann R.
CalicoAnnRackham
Cartersville, GA
Post #: 28
Kinda sux that the museum didn't let people know sooner of the date.
A former member
Post #: 4
The Past five Pirates of the Chattahoochee have been held the Saturday before Halloween, this one as well. So if you are unable to make this years you can go ahead and mark it down for next year.

Sage S.
user 9847538
Richland, GA
Post #: 6
Can not do.. already have plans for the Buccaneer's ball next year.. it will be the same time next year also..
A former member
Post #: 66
Please just let me know about any events in plenty of time. I will be more than happy to post them.