addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Worcester Movie Fans Meetup Group Message Board › The Story of Film: An Odyssey on TCM this fall (and Netflix anytime)

The Story of Film: An Odyssey on TCM this fall (and Netflix anytime)

Chris T.
t12ek
Chelmsford, MA
Post #: 5
For those interested in Film history, check out The Story of Film: An Odyssey, a 15 part series airing on TCM this fall. http://thedissolve.co...­

Alyssa gave me a copy of this series on DVD for Christmas last year, and we found it to be really fascinating and well worth the watch. Even if you're fairly well versed in film history already, as The Dissolve points out in their article.

"But most importantly, Cousins (with his producer John Archer and editor Timo Langer) shies away from the movies many film historians fall back on when tracing the timeline, instead looking actively for the contributions of women and the innovations of some oft-neglected national cinemas."

Or, if you've "cut the cable", or just want to watch it on your own time instead of a TV schedule, the whole series is also on Netflix Streaming.

And, if we have a groundswell of interest (ie., let me know), I was thinking that it might be interesting to do a Meetup series to watch this together and have group discussion about it (and then put together a huge list of films that we need to catch up on wink ) .
Dan
user 41397892
Holden, MA
Post #: 2
Sounds awesome to me. I'd be up for a Meetup of that, otherwise I would temporarily pay for a Netflix subscription just for that.