Hello Everyone! ** Update 2/23/08 **
- I will try to get to the theatre by 4:00
- Please try to get to the theatre and have popcorn (I wouldnt fill up on popcorn, I hear the food at Marakesh is great) and ticket in hand by 4:15. This is usually never a problem because everyone in the group usually gets there before I do.
- If needed, I will have directions to Marakesh from the theatre printed out, it is close by so hopefully no-one gets lost on the way.
- I will wait in the lobby until 4:30 for any straglers, everyone is free to go in to the movie when they want. Our group is always over 20 people, so I dont expect us to all sit together, but dont feel you have to sit alone. If you make it before 4:30 I will be waiting in the lobby, come sit with me!
- *** IMPORTANT *** After the movie, please proceed directly to Marakesh! The dinner seating starts at 6:00, we should be able to get there at 6:30-ISH without rushing. Marakesh knows we will be getting there at 6:30.
- After the movie, I will be going right to Marakesh to let them know we are coming, and to meet any of the members that are only coming to dinner. You probably will not see me at the theatre after the movie! I might even leave early depending on the timing.
- So in short, don't loligag (as my grandfather would tell me when I was 5) after the movie, but dont rush either, dont want anyone getting speeding tickets on 46 on the way over.
- Dinner only people! I will see you at Marakesh @ 6:30
- A reminder for people that will be ordering the fixed price dinner, I hope everyone visited Marakesh's website, but if you didn't, when you order a fixed price dinner, many of the courses are served family style, meaning you will be sharing with other members of the group. If you would rather not share during dinner, you can order your meal a-la carte.
- Everyone will have individual guest checks. If you can, I would request you bring cash so you can pay exact to expedite everything at the end of the evening. Running 30 credit cards through takes a lot of time. This will help us and Marakesh.
- Have a great time! Right now if everyone shows up we will have about 30 people, the largest gathering for our group!
- Try to sit next to Gene because he brought some great homemade Merlot to Tolima's, and promises to bring some more home made delectibles to this meetup.
- If you would like to continue the evening after Marakesh, let me know and we can find a place for drink or coffee.
- Let me know if you have any questions!
Our next outing will be to see Definately Maybe at the Clearview Parsippany Cinema, followed by dinner at Marakesh.
Marakesh is a fun Moroccan restaurant with live music and a Belly dancer on the weekends. You can read some of the reviews here.
The movie starts @ 4:30 and runs for 105 minutes, we should expect to be at the restaurant by 6:30.
** If you plan on attending only the movie, or only the dinner, please note in your RSVP **
Marakesh has two seatings on Saturday, a 6:00 - 9:00 seating and a 9:00 - Closing seating, we will be going to the 6:00-9:00 seating. We should be getting to Marakesh @ 6:30 - 6:45.
Marakesh is a BYOB, I encourage you to bring a bottle of wine if you like wine, please note in your RSVP if you will be bringing a bottle of wine.
I enjoyed sampling the wine that everyone brought to Tolima's!
Marakesh has two fixed price meals, a 6 course for $27 and an 8 course for $34.
*** PLEASE NOTE, THIS DOES NOT INCLUDE THE MOVIE TICKET ***
*** Our past two get together's were a dinner and movie combination, this is not. ***
*** Your movie ticket will be purchased seperately ***
Hope to see everyone there!