addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Leeds Movie Fans Meetup Group Message Board › Movie Suggestions Anyone?

Movie Suggestions Anyone?

Frankie
user 8204205
Group Organizer
Leeds, GB
Post #: 800
Hi to all, especially new members. The meetup groupd tends to be quite busy all year round with the exception of this time of year as we are not really into summer blockbusters. Hence there are no scheduled meetups at the moment. I will buy Empire when it comes out in early July and see what might be good. In the meantime if *anyone* has any suggestions for movies they would like to get scheduled please rsvp here...Frankie
Siobhan
user 14619376
Leeds, GB
Post #: 3
Hi there,
Hyde park is showing Battle of the Sexes on 4th July. Other than that I'm not sure. I'm busy maxing out on Man of Steel!
Siobhan
Noella
user 24797762
Leeds, GB
Post #: 14
I would like to see Battle of the Sexes and considered posting it but am in London that day and I didn't want to stick it up just in case I couldn't make it. :( Hope someone else will host it and then I can be a maybe :)
Valerie
user 62702632
Leeds, GB
Post #: 2
Not much in the new releases that stands out. Cottage Road are showing The Magnificent Seven on Wed 3rd July if anyone feels like watching that again
A former member
Post #: 15
'Like someone in love' sounds interesting. I'm interested in watching more films of Abbas Kiarostami after watching 'Certified Copy'. I don't think I can host it at the moment as I am juggling too many things at the moment. Will do my best to attend if someone hosts it.
Tracey
user 9471448
Leeds, GB
Post #: 69
I've been absent for some time and missing the big screen again. Noella I can't make the date for Battle of the Sexes, otherwise would have played host. The current blockbusters aren't really calling me.

The 2 films I am keeping an eye out for are:

"Stories we tell" - sounds like a very moving and intimate documentary
"Night of Silence" - (a Turkish film) On the night of their arranged marriage, a child bride and her groom slowly unearth each other’s secrets. Caged inside a single room, Reis Çelik’s tightly performed two-hander is a hushed masterwork of uneasy silence and covert motives, with a final shot that’s positively Hitchcockian.

Not sure if they will make it to HPPH or Media Museum, but will keep a look out
A former member
Post #: 17
'Stories we tell' does sound good. It is playing in Media Museum from the 5th to the 11th of July
A former member
Post #: 18
Frankie
How does one look up what's coming to Hyde Park? We site seems limited in program forecast.
Like someone in Love and Renoir are playing in National Media in July 2nd and 3rd weeks, but want to check if they are playing in Hyde park.
Frankie
user 8204205
Group Organizer
Leeds, GB
Post #: 801
Vivek, the Kiarostami movie is playing HPPH on 10th 11th and 14th August but time is tbc. Sometimes you have to wait for it to go to HPPH. If I go see it it will be at HPPH that much is certain. I am trying to decide if I fancy seeing The Enigma of Kasper Hauser on Sun 7th July 8:40pm. I've been put off this movie before now, but it has also been recommended to me, I remain unconvinced but I'll probably make a very late decision, 30/70 at mo.