Midwest Outdoor Experience (formerly GearFest) has grown beyond just gear and exploded into a multi-day event, featuring outdoor activities, exhibitor village, competitions, music, craft beer garden & food, camping, exciting demos and more! Midwest Outdoor Experience offers something for the budding weekend warrior to the hardcore outdoor enthusiast. With over 20,000 visitors during the 2013 event, Midwest Outdoor Experience is one of the largest festivals celebrating the outdoor lifestyle in the Midwest. Click here for more information.
Are We Ready Yet?
Ride some sweet single track mountain bike trail at MoMBA – the MetroParks Mountain Bike Area
· Explore over 330 miles of paved bikeways, the largest connected network in the country
· Backpack our 22-mile Twin Valley Trail connecting Germantown and Twin Creek MetroParks
· Get out and play on the Mad River Run ‘whitewater’ feature on the Mad River in Eastwood MetroPark
· Paddle or fish on one of the region’s four state-designated water trails
· Play a round of disc golf at our Blue Heron Disc Golf course, or one of the many surrounding courses in the Dayton Area.
There is plenty to do at the Midwest Outdoor Experience
· Take a break and enjoy live music on the Osprey Stage or sample a craft brew from Great Lakes Brewing Company
· Watch high-flying demos from the best outdoor athletes in the country
· Test your skills in one of our competitions
· Try-out something new – Kayak, SUP, Canoe, Geo-cache, Orienteer, Slackline, Backpack, Mountain Bike, Cycle, and more.
View the event schedule for a full listing of experiences and show times.
Over 20,000 visitors will be at MOX 2014
Club Membership Drive
Friday October 3: 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm and
Saturday October 4: 11:00 am - 8:00 pm
All event attendees will have the opportunity to become a member of a local club or organization at a special incentive price. Anyone joining a club/organization or renewing their membership during the membership drive will be entered into a random drawing for a Yakima gift certificate.
Clubs and organizations that do not have members or do not have membership fees may participate in the club membership drive by accepting donations instead.
OHIO PADDLER MEMBERSHIP DRIVE EXCLUSIVE
Five Rivers Metro Parks Midwest Outdoor Experience is sponsoring a club membership drive at MOX 2014. Since we do not charge a fee for membership, we are permitted to ask for a donation to permit you to be entered into their raffle. The raffle prizes are provided by many of the vendors such as Yakima, Gibbon Slacklines, etc... with a grand prize of $100.00 to True Heights Outfitters. So for each $5.00 donation to Ohio Paddlers, during MOX, we will provide a single entry into this raffle. So stop by the Ohio Paddlers booth atMOX this weekend and get in on the fun!
Here's the bonus! At the Ohio Paddlers booth only, our generous member, Frank Postle has donated a very nice used set of Yakima BowDown Rooftop Kayak Rack with Tie Down. These are in the box, have all paperwork and accessories. They are sold on Amazon for $179.00 new! For the same $5.00 donation, you will also be entered into a drawing for these very nice Yakima racks. Enter as many times as you want. When you see Frank, thank him for supporting your group.
It's your donations that keep your group going. See you this Friday October 3rd and Saturday, October 4th at MOX. Thank you for all of your support in 2014!
Ohio Paddlers Lead Organizer
Where to Stay?
· Free Camping!
Public and exhibitors can camp all weekend long at Eastwood MetroPark. New this year, we are allowing a limited number of small pop-up campers – get all the details here. Camping registration is on-site only at the Information Central Tent. All campsites are first-come, first serve.
· Crowne Plaza Hotel
The Crowne Plaza Hotel is the official hotel of the Midwest Outdoor Experience. The Crowne Plaza Dayton is located three miles from Eastwood MetroPark in downtown Dayton. Their location is perfect for guests who want to experience the festival and all that the Outdoor Adventure Capital of the Midwest has to offer!
The Event is Waste Free!
· Thanks to a collaborative effort with Green Earth Outdoors, the event continues to lessen its carbon footprint. Please help us to move our waste free efforts forward by composting and recycling your materials and limit landfill waste whenever possible.
· Bring your water bottles and stainless steel pints!
o You will find a lot of fun at Midwest Outdoor Experience but you won’t find a lot of waste. Water refilling stations will be available to curb the sale of one-time-use plastic bottles and beer will only be served in reusable pints.
· Find out about all of our Waste Free in 3 Initiatives.