SPEAKER: SharePoint After InfoPath
SUBJECT: Ira Fuchs, Microsoft Technical Specialist
NOTE: This session is not the same as the NYCSPUG meeting on August 6th. Our session will be much more technical so attend the session which matches your technical skill level!
The need to replace InfoPath in light of Microsoft's deprecation of the product is critical.
In this session Ira Fuchs will discuss some of the options to replace InfoPath available from third parties, in particular ClaySys AppForms, a product that advances the form development paradigm to enable power users and developers alike to efficiently create sophisticated form applications that are fully integrated within SharePoint and go beyond what was possible with InfoPath.
It is entirely web based, using current web standards technologies, and incorporates the extensive wish-list of functionality that users and developers have wanted from InfoPath, such as:
• Check in/check out capabilities allowing multiple developers to work on a form
• Versioning of forms, and a development, test and production deployment process
• The ability to create and update information in multiple data sources simultaneously without writing code
• Generating and submitting repeating item information (e.g. master/detail) without requiring code
• A robust visual point and click Expression Builder for creating complex rule statements
• Support for Tab structured forms and Sub forms.
• Built in functions for calling external processes (e.g. workflows) and opening or embedding other forms
• Error handling and debugging facilities
• Embedded Search capabilities
• Capabilities for embedding hierarchical menus and tree views within forms
As usual there will be complementary pizza and drinks and raffle swag!
So be there or be square!