Chris D
user 18469081
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 5
Is there any chance GM101 will be offered at a different time, or outside the Con? That's something we'd like to attend, but, at least for me, I have a probable conflict with the Friday afternoon slots at CotN.

I know there had been some talk a while back (last year?) about having a GM101 session at FFG, but I don't remember seeing anything official. Not a big deal, its just one of those things I'd like to attend sometime when the stars align correctly.

Looking forward to PFS at CotN. Thanks for all your hard work!
jon d.
user 38495792
Group Organizer
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 32
Is there any chance GM101 will be offered at a different time, or outside the Con? That's something we'd like to attend, but, at least for me, I have a probable conflict with the Friday afternoon slots at CotN.

I know there had been some talk a while back (last year?) about having a GM101 session at FFG, but I don't remember seeing anything official. Not a big deal, its just one of those things I'd like to attend sometime when the stars align correctly.

Looking forward to PFS at CotN. Thanks for all your hard work!

Hi Chris,

As of now there is only the one slot. Andy may add another slot of this and since I have most of Saturday open, I would volunteer to run the seminar. Again, this is Andy's call. Then again, we could do an informal Q&A with GMs and Folks who wish to sup from the font of knowledge.

(looks over GM101 material/ notices no section titled "TPK: Art? or Science?"/will need to add this)

I will set up a GM 101 class sometime after March 10 (I am in Iowa City that weekend for a con with folks whose minds I will pick for increased awesomeness.) Bat channel and Bat time to be determined later.

Andy C.
user 16372461
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 92
Unfortunately, the only time slot available for us to have the GM 101 was from 2pm to 6pm on Friday afternoon. Definitely will discuss it with Ryan Blomquist to hold a GM 101 sometime this spring though.
Chris D
user 18469081
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 6
Thanks. Sometime in the spring would be great.
A former member
Post #: 1
I'm thinking of signing up for CotN so that I can learn more about Pathfinder. As far as anyone knows, are there still slots available for all three First Steps sessions? I'd like to know before I send in my registration. Thanks.
Andy C.
user 16372461
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 93
Firstly, Welcome Bob!

Secondly, We won't know how many slots are available for the scheduled First Steps until the day the Convention starts (or I think you can get your tickets mailed to you), because the Convention handles the registrations. But, what I can tell you, is that I've instructed all my GMs to have First Steps ready to go. That way if we get a table of new folk, and not enough to play one of the higher level scenarios, we will seat them for First Steps instead.

So I would say go ahead and sign up for Con of the North, and we will do everything we can to accommodate you. If it isn't First Steps, it will be a tier 1-5 scenario at the sub-tier 1-2, which would be very appropriate for a brand new player.
A former member
Post #: 2
Thanks Andy.

I downloaded the Pathfinder Organized Play doc and I'll roll up a character before the Con. See you then!
Andy C.
user 16372461
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 94
Sounds good, see you there. Please note that the stats should be constructed with a 20 point buy system per page 10 of the core rule book
Sven
Barrel_Rider
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 102
Pre-reg for this ends soon.

Also of note, don't play any new scenarios between now and February because that is the only thing being offered at CoN, new scenarios.
Brian L.
Wraithcannon
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 47
Say what?