addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Minneapolis/St. Paul Pathfinder Society Message Board Minneapolis/St. Paul Pathfinder Society Discussion Forum › how to print the maps out and at what percentage

how to print the maps out and at what percentage

Tony La V.
user 79343012
Saint Cloud, MN
Post #: 7
what program do you guys use to printout the maps in the society missions, and what ratio or percentage so that they come the right size?
Sven
Barrel_Rider
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 135
Check this thread:

http://paizo.com/thre...­
Ryan
TheBoldr
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 148
Sven has a good link.

The slightly longer response is that there isn't a standard ratio. Each map has its own based on its scale. The scale is to copy the map, trim off the extra space, count the squares across or down, and set the document width or height to that number of inches.
jon d.
user 38495792
Group Organizer
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 45
Sven has a good link.

The slightly longer response is that there isn't a standard ratio. Each map has its own based on its scale. The scale is to copy the map, trim off the extra space, count the squares across or down, and set the document width or height to that number of inches.

Yep, what Ryan said.

I use a combination of Acrobat and Photoshop to create maps. My situation is unique, though, considering what I do for a livin. I'm a printer.
A former member
Post #: 60
You can give Posterazor a try too. I printed a few good maps from that free program.
jon d.
user 38495792
Group Organizer
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 47
Dave! When are you coming back to Minneapolis/St. Paul?
Dave C.
DCook
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 3
FWIW, I copy the images and paste them into VISIO (part of MS office).
Then I just scale the image up until the map grid is approximately 1".
This also allows me to print the map in sections that I choose, so i can print smaller pieces on tabloid or letter size sheets, since I have not plotter.

There is no requirement to have it exactly perfect, for the purpose of running the game. In fact, a slightly larger (+10%) might make it easier to fit minis and such. Just my opinion.
Ryan
TheBoldr
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 150
I exclusively use Posterazor. It's a fantastic program.

Open in an art package, trim the image, open up posterrazor, set your document size in inches to the width/height of your map, and bam, you get a map with overlap that's really easy to put together and looks beautiful.

Free too.
A former member
Post #: 61
Jon, I will be back in town next week and participating in next Thursday's games at Legion Games in Burnsville.