addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Minneapolis/St. Paul Pathfinder Society Message Board Minneapolis/St. Paul Pathfinder Society Discussion Forum › Your Mom's Basement, Scheduling through PaizoCon

Your Mom's Basement, Scheduling through PaizoCon

Closed to new replies

Ryan C. B.
user 55122702
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 28
Hey all,

I tried to do this as an email chain, but that failed miserably because nobody could see anyone's responses but me. Stupid Meetup and its privacy rights. If Microsoft says we don't need 'em, right? Jokes aside, rather than wrestle with trying to scrounge GMs every week for Your Mom's Basement I'd like to get a decent group rotation going. So what I'm going to try is a signup for our GM rotation. Shortly before I post the events for a month, probably about a week in advance, I'm going to create a forum post. Reply with the date and scenario if you're willing and able to GM at some point during the month, and we'll get you a copy of the scenario on Paizo.com as well as try to arrange printing if necessary. Note that while I pencil myself in during the initial post, I can run anything. If you want something that has my name on it, speak up and I'll take a different scenario that week (excepting Crypt of the Everflame, that's totally mine).

I can't stress enough how important it is to sign up. I've had fifteen different volunteers at Your Mom's Basement so far. If each of our current volunteers takes one session a month and we run twelve tables, you're GMing slightly less than once a month before your turn comes up again. With that kind of rotation, we can keep everyone not named Ryan safely in the player rotation for 3/4 of the games every month. It reduces the burden on everyone and coordinating the advance notice will facilitate preparation. The goal is to get GMs set up weeks in advance, rather than trying to do it last minute like this week will be and last week was. If we can keep everyone rotating through, we all stay fresh and exciting and everyone has a great time. So, without further ado, the schedule between now and PaizoCon:
-----

Saturday, June 8

Event Coordinator: Ryan Blomquist

Table 1) #3-11 The Quest for Perfection, Part II: On Hostile Waters (Tier 1-5)
GM: Ryan Blomquist

Table 2) #3-06 Song of the Sea Witch (Tier 3-7)
GM: Erica L.

Saturday, June 15

Table 1) #3-13 The Quest for Perfection, Part III: Defenders of Nesting Swallow

Table 2) #1-39 The Citadel of Flame
GM: Jim Morrison

Saturday, June 22

Table 1) Crypt of the Everflame

Table 2) #2-23 Shadow's Last Stand, Part I: At Shadow's Door
GM:

Saturday, June 29

Table 1) #2-24 Shadow's Last Stand, Part II: Web of Corruption

Table 2) #2-24 Shadow's Last Stand, Part II: Web of Corruption
GM:

-----

Due to physical limitations at Your Mom's Basement, through PaizoCon I'm going to hold the event to two tables. Once the July schedule goes up, we'll start talking about where and how to situate a third table, whether that be on the porch in fair weather or somewhere in the building proper during inclement weather. For the remainder of June, we still have a few openings to GM. If you are available to GM a session, just fill in your name on the appropriate line and reply. We'll fill out the sheet until its all sorted out and we'll be good to go!
Ryan C. B.
user 55122702
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 29
We also have our first conflicting volunteer signup. Jim Morrison and Robert Matthews, I want to say thank you both for signing up to GM Shadow's Last Stand, Part I on the 22nd. However, we only have a single table of that offered. I'm going to defer to the two of you on who wants to actually take that one - the other is welcome to play either Shadow's Last Stand or Crypt of the Everflame, our first-ever attempt to take advantage of YMB's 24-hour gaming.

If you haven't decided by the 15th, I'll corner both of you at the venue and make vague threats at both of you until something is decided. So... go!
Ryan C. B.
user 55122702
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 30
A third competitor has stepped up for the Shadow's Last Stand I table, Sven. You three; wrestle for it? Alternatively, I might talk to Dan about finding a third table space because the module is going to be its own beastie, probably outside the scope of the game day format.
Ben B.
user 43700482
Saint Paul, MN
Post #: 9
What is so special about Shadow's Last Stand? Is this the scenario that details the ending finale of the Shadow Lodge faction?

It does seem that most of the scenarios are being covered already, but I will offer my services to GM any scenario. I will be playing in Quest for Pefection pt. 3 and possibly in the Crypt of the Everflame. So perhaps I can GM for Shadows Last Stand Pt 2 on June 29th? I don't know. Ryan, let me know if I can help and we will work it out.
Earl G.
graypark
Anoka, MN
Post #: 60
Ryan, it appears you still need a second GM for Saturday, June 29th, yes (#2-24 Shadow's Last Stand, Part II: Web of Corruption)? I'd be more than happy to do it.
Sven
Barrel_Rider
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 172
A third competitor has stepped up for the Shadow's Last Stand I table, Sven. You three; wrestle for it? Alternatively, I might talk to Dan about finding a third table space because the module is going to be its own beastie, probably outside the scope of the game day format.
You checking your email in reverse chronological order? :]

I was just responding to your request for help at YMB so if you have a surplus of GMs I don't need to GM.
jon d.
user 38495792
Group Organizer
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 50
What is so special about Shadow's Last Stand? Is this the scenario that details the ending finale of the Shadow Lodge faction?
Well, part one details the finale of something; usually PCs.
Earl G.
graypark
Anoka, MN
Post #: 62
It would appear that Jim M. volunteered to run the second table of #2-24 Shadow's Last Stand, Part II: Web of Corruption on the 29th before me (in that game day's discussion thread); I'll defer to him and withdraw my name from consideration. Should the situation change and you find yourself needing a GM after all, feel free to contact me.
Jim M.
user 56154962
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 1
It looks like we still haven't figured out who is running Shadow's Last I this coming Saturday the 22nd, as Robert, Sven, and I have all signed up. BUT it also looks like we have enough people on the waiting list to make 3 tables easily. SO I will volunteer to run something generally.

Robert (or Sven) can run the (first) table of Shadow's Last Stand I, and I can run either a second table of Shadows Last Stand I (if there is demand for it) or something else -- probably either #55: The Infernal Vault or #4-01: Rise of the Goblin Guild, unless someone else has something they really want to see run.
Sven
Barrel_Rider
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 176
It looks like we still haven't figured out who is running Shadow's Last I this coming Saturday the 22nd, as Robert, Sven, and I have all signed up. BUT it also looks like we have enough people on the waiting list to make 3 tables easily. SO I will volunteer to run something generally.

Robert (or Sven) can run the (first) table of Shadow's Last Stand I, and I can run either a second table of Shadows Last Stand I (if there is demand for it) or something else -- probably either #55: The Infernal Vault or #4-01: Rise of the Goblin Guild, unless someone else has something they really want to see run.
I have no intention of GMing Shadow's Last Stand.