MarkLogic User Group London Message Board › New Meetup: MarkLogic User Group London

New Meetup: MarkLogic User Group London

Ron H.
user 14655457
Group Organizer
London, GB
Announcing a new Meetup for MarkLogic User Group London!

What: MarkLogic User Group London
When: Thursday, August 18, 2011 6:30 PM

Where: The Skills Matter eXchange
116-120 Goswell Road EC1V 7DP
London

Our second MUGL meeting will feature Stephen Buxton, Director of Product Management at MarkLogic. Stephen will give us a sneak peek at some of the new features in the upcoming MarkLogic 5.0 release.

Stephen is flying in from California to speak to us. Although originally from London, Stephen lives in California and works at MarkLogic HQ there. Stephen joined MarkLogic in about 2004 after several years at Oracle and has been responsible for guiding the direction of the MarkLogic product ever since.

This offers a tremendous opportunity for you to lobby for your favorite feature or to ask why some features were included and some weren't. Stephen is the man with the plan. At this meeting I would like to encourage lots of discussion amongst the group about how MarkLogic came to be what it is and what you would like it to be.

The third meeting (September) will probably feature another MarkLogic superstar. But going forward I would like to encourage presentations and more direct participation by you, the members of this group.

If you would like to present on a topic that you think would be of interest to the group or about an interesting project you've been involved with please contact me (mugl@mugl.org, or tweet to @mugl). Or if you have a suggestion for how to make the group better please let me know.

Check it out!