RSVP is a very important tool to an Organizer as it lets us know how many people to expect. It is also nice for the members of the group to be able to see who and how many people are coming. It is ESSENTIAL if reservations need to be made.
The MAYBE RSVP option is not available for this group. Please RSVP YES once you are sure you will attend.
All Bay Area Museum meetups will require a small advance payment to secure your place. This is for the Organizer to know that you really intend to come as well as help the Organizer pay for the meetup web site fee ($72 per 6 months). The small payment will be returned to you for events over $10 in order to help keep your cost down per meetup. See below for more details:
1. We try to get you the best price we can for these meetups. Some museums offer group discounts with a minimum number of people (usually 10 or 12), which require advance reservations. Some also require payment in advance. In these cases we will schedule the meetup weeks in advance with an RSVP and payment deadline at least two weeks before the event (and possibly earlier depending on the venue). We must receive payment for your YES RSVP to be complete.
2. If the event does not require advance payment, we will accept your reservation with a $2 payment via PayPal or check*.
- If the museum entry fee is over $10, the $2 will be returned to you when you attend the event. If you don't attend the event, the Organizer will keep the $2.
- If the museum entry fee is under $10, the $2 will be kept by the Organizer to help pay for the meetup web site fee and other Organizer costs.
3. If you do not show up for a meetup when you have RSVPed YES, this can create problems. Please show consideration to the Organizer and the rest of the group by updating your RSVP to NO as soon as you know you cannot attend the meetup and at least 24 hours BEFORE the meetup if you can no longer attend. If you find you cannot attend on the day of the meetup, please call the Organizer to let us know (you will be sent an e-mail with the Organizer's phone number a few days prior to the meetup).
4. If you do not follow the guidelines outlined in #3 above, you will be given a warning. After two warnings, you may be subject to removal from the group. We understand that things come up, but people who repeatedly do no show when they have RSVPed YES make things more difficult for everyone else.
5. Please try to arrive 10 minutes prior to the meetup start time. If you are going to arrive more than 5 minutes after the start time, please call or text the Organizer to let us know. You may have to enter the exhibit separately from the group and catch up with us.
Thank you for your understanding of these RSVP guidelines.
*Each event description will include information on how to pay with PayPal or check.
Here is a link to send money on PayPal
. All you need is the e-mail address of the person receiving the money and a credit card.