|Sent on:||Thursday, January 24, 2013 9:31 PM|
BIG 5 room jam at The Studio this Saturday, January 26th from 7:00 to 11:00 pm and we invite all Meetup members to join us. Keep in mind if you only see a few meetup responses, there are about 35 Studio club members at the jam. Come on down to The Studio at 251 West 30th Street, 3rd floor, (between 7th & 8th Avenue) and join us. Call us at[masked] or email [address removed] with any questions. Everyone welcome!
All rooms run by experienced coordinators and you can move freely from jam to jam & mix with 25-30 other musicians. Jam Rooms for beginners, intermediate, and advanced jammers playing and singing rock, blues, and more run simultaneously in rehearsal rooms equipped with drum kit, amps, keyboard, and mics. Want to check out our jam rooms, http://thestudio.org/REHERSAL/reherse.html. Songbooks with chords and lyrics to over 2,500 songs will be available. And WE LOVE SINGERS!!
Follow this link for detailed jam info and links to the songbooks that will be used in the jam rooms.
Jam rooms on January 26th will be:
Beginner Rock with Coordinator Rob Watson
Acoustic/Electric Rock/Folk with Coordinator Maggie Clarke
Intermediate Anything Goes with coordinator Tom Connolly
Advanced Blues with Coordinator John Putnam
Advanced Open Groove with Coordinator Eytan Koch
Time to Jazz with Coordinator Juan Araya
All jammers must register at the front desk upon arrival.
• Meetup Members/Non-Club Members/Observers $25 each (3-Jam Limit Friday, Monday, Saturday jams combined). After the 3 time limit is reached rates are $45 per Saturday/Friday jam unlimited.
• Ask about membership & you’ll have unlimited jamming opportunities at the $20 club member rate.
• Don't want to lug your guitar or bass? You can rent for $10 for the evening. Members enjoy free instrument rentals.
• Come early or leave late (but sorry, no reduced rates for late attendees).
• Join The Studio’s Recreational Musicians Club at the start of a jam & you’ll jam for FREE that night & received 2 FREE JAM PASSES ($80.00 Value)
Want more options for jamming at The Studio, check out our website www.thestudio.org. We offer Friday Reservation Sessions, Casual Monday Noontime Jam as well as workshops in all genres of music and blues guitar lesson.
JOIN US --IT'S ALWAYS FUN! ALL LEVELS WELCOME!
Denise & Emily, Meetup Organizers