MY SISTER'S KEEPER Women's Social Group of L.A. and SFV Message Board › New Meetup: Flypoet Spoken Word & Music Showcase @ the Savoy in Inglewood (m

New Meetup: Flypoet Spoken Word & Music Showcase @ the Savoy in Inglewood (men welcome too)

Carol
user 2707697
Pasadena, CA
Announcing a new Meetup for MY SISTER'S KEEPER Women's Social Group of L.A. and SFV!

What: Flypoet Spoken Word & Music Showcase @ the Savoy in Inglewood (men welcome too)

When: Wednesday, February 2, 2011 7:30 PM

Price: $20.00 per person

Where: Savoy Entertainment Center
214 S. La Brea Avenue Flypoet Entertainment & KJLH presents(Labrea & Manchester)
Inglewood , CA 90301
310-559-1670

Flypoet Showcase is a multi-performer show of primarily spoken word artists but also music and art. John Hensley, the man who puts it all together every month, is amazing. Works his tail off scheduling interesting, thought-provoking and entertaining poets and musicians. During all of the performances, an artist, Norton Wisdom, is on the side of the stage creating giant art posters interpreting what's going on onstage. He sells his work as well, and I have a few prints that I love.

This happens the first Weds. of every month.

**** I WILL UPDATE THIS SECTION WHEN THE ARTISTS ARE ANNOUNCED

The cover charge is $20 and we get seats up front. It's a little tricky because we have to buy the VIP tables in groups of four, but I'll work that out, just sign up and send your payment and you're guaranteed a good table.

Specialty drinks (usually some type of martini) are $5 before 8:00; otherwise, full bar, but there is no minimum. They do have limited food available - fried chicken, etc.

The show absolutely starts on time, 8:03 pm, and you are out of there by 10:30, so it's doable on a work night. Also, there is plenty of free street parking.

Here's a link for more information -

http://flypoet.com/ho...­

IMPORTANT: PLEASE PAY THROUGH PAYPAL IF YOU ARE SET UP ON PAYPAL; HOWEVER, YOU MUST PAY IN THE "PERSONAL" SECTION, AND MARK IT PERSONAL OR GIFT OR WHATEVER - DO NOT USE THE "PAYMENT FOR GOODS OR SERVICES" SECTION AS THEY WILL CHARGE ME A FEE, AND YOU ARE NOT PAYING FOR GOODS OR SERVICES, YOU ARE ONLY REPAYING A "LOAN", SO TO SPEAK, SINCE I AM ADVANCING FOR YOUR TICKET AND YOU ARE REPAYING ME. NO NEED TO MENTION IT'S FOR THE SHOW, I'LL KNOW.

If I know you and you contact me and guarantee you are showing up, I will advance and you can pay me that night or send a check, but you are responsible for the ticket, you can't cancel. If I don't know you, I need payment in advance, via check or paypal, or you can email me to make other arrangements.

coralsurf@hotmail.com; 626/298-0717

The night of the show, when you enter the club turn to the RIGHT, not the left, tell the lady @ the door you are prepaid and you are @ Carol Germain's table; DO NOT PAY AT THE DOOR, I WILL PREPAY FOR YOU, SO JUST PAY ME INSIDE IF YOU HAVEN'T PAID ALREADY.

Plenty of free parking on the street within a block or so, or you can valet.

RSVP to this Meetup:
http://www.meetup.com...­